Sachet city: February 2018

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first sachet post for the year!

As with the minis post I've just done, I deliberately picked things for this post that I can use while I have contact dermatitis - and I've spent the last couple of weeks testing each product.

Let's get straight into it.


Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint SPF 15 in Nude and Ivory

I've done a swatches/first impressions post on these two shades before (see here). Indeed, I've been through countless sachets and samples of this product in different shades, so I could almost write a full review of it. I'll wait until I buy the full size, though, which I plan to do this year so you'll see the product show up again soon enough.

Long story short, this is an excellent foundation (yes, it's more of a foundation than a tint) and I like it a lot more now that they've reformulated it. While it has good coverage if you want to build it, I tend to wear a very thin layer so that it gives me more of a light-medium coverage. It looks great, it smooths out the skin and it also wears well - even in sweltering heat. Love.


Dermalogica Ultrasmoothing Eye Serum

This is described as powerful, anti-ageing care for sensitive eyes. It claims to be a velvety smooth eye serum that hydrates the delicate eye area while addressing fine lines and wrinkles.

I've sampled this before and loved it so much that I went ahead and bought the full size (which I'm currently using). Funnily enough, I don't love it as much now as I did when I first sampled it, so it's not a product I would buy again.

It's rich and a little oily in texture, and you only need the tiniest amount so even these sachets last a while. I found that the product worked well for both day and night use because it sat comfortably under makeup but was still hydrating enough to keep my dry eyes comfortable overnight. Good but not a keeper.

Emma Hardie Lift & Sculpt Firming Neck Treatment

This is described as a rich, hydrating and collagen-boosting serum to help lift, sculpt and tighten the skin on the neck and décolletage.

Honestly, you don't need a separate neck cream so I wouldn't rush out and buy this (it's super expensive anyway), but at least the sachet contained a generous 5ml so I got plenty of use from it. I didn't like that it left a silicone-y film on my skin and it also didn't hydrate well enough: indeed, I found it to be rather drying. Not for me.

Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Treatment

This is described as whisper-light and ultra-hydrating. It claims to be an intensive treatment that absorbs into the skin without leaving a greasy residue.

I've heard about this in the beauty community - some people love it while others hate it - so I was interested to try it.

Look, it was hydrating and my dry skin enjoyed that aspect, and while it was thin and runny in texture, I wouldn't say that it's 'whisper-light' because it did leave a greasy coating on my skin (so there goes that claim, too). It was therefore a better treatment for night because I didn't like how greasy it made my skin look and feel. And I have dry skin. You would hate this if you're oily!


Korres Wild Rose Face & Eye Serum

This is apparently clinically proven to reduce the appearance of the number, depth and length of wrinkles. It should add brightness and radiance to the skin, smooth lines and deeply moisturise.

I've been using this on my eyes, neck and dec while I have contact dermatitis on my face, and oddly enough I prefer it on the eyes. I think the reason for this is that I use a different eye product first and then this one, and it has a nice brightening effect on my eye area (but doesn't do much else).

On the neck/dec, this doesn't do much besides add a tacky finish. It's not moisturising enough for me personally and it's not one I would buy.

Korres 3D Lifting, Firming & Sculpting Eye Cream

This is described as an advanced firming eye cream to visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles. It should help promote skin elasticity, improve texture and provide visible 3D sculpting around the eye area.

Now, I read the directions for this and it told me to apply the product to my orbital bone area and not my eyelids. WTF? An eye cream that I can't apply to my eyelids?! Bugger you.

So of course I applied it to my entire eye area anyway and what do you know, it stung my eyes to high heaven and back. After that it got used on my neck.

I just can't give any support to an eye cream that you can't apply to your eyelids and that stings your eyes if you do. Sorry.


Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

This is described as a lightweight primer that holds onto eyeshadow all day.

Now I've used this product before and while I do agree that it's lightweight and holds your eyeshadow in place, my issue with this product has always been that it's too 'grippy'. Yes of course you want your eye primer to have some grip, but I find with this one that I need to lay down a thicker layer of base shadow over it than I normally would - otherwise my coloured shadows skip over it and don't blend properly.

While applying more base shadow wouldn't be a problem for some, it is for me because I have dry, 37yo eyelids - so the more powder I apply, the older and more crinkly I look. I normally wear fairly soft eye looks because they make me look younger, but if I'm putting down too much of my base shadow first, then I'm never going to look anything but too powdery and wrinkled. Not for me.

Malin+Goetz Revitalising Eye Cream

This claims to treat your eye contour to some serious rejuvenation. It's apparently formulated to target fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles.

I liked this, I must say. It was reasonably lightweight but still very hydrating, so it suited my dry, dehydrated eye area very well. It also had a nice scent that wasn't overpowering, and it absorbed and spread well. Indeed, the only thing I don't like about it is the $134 AUD price-tag.

No thanks. It's nice but not that nice.

In sum

I'm pleased to be through another round of sachets and I did enjoy bringing some new products into my routine while I'm dealing with the terrors of contact dermatitis.

Mind you, this wasn't the best bunch of sachets and the only thing I loved was the Hourglass tint, which I've used before so I already knew I liked it. Everything else I can take or leave.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.