February 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
I was sitting here scratching my head this morning with the feeling that I'd forgotten something, then I realised that I hadn't done a monthly favourites post for February. 

Oops! It's been rather mad here lately, getting ready for holding a large party on Saturday as we are - while still of course needing to do the cooking, the washing, the usual - so I guess it's no surprise that I might have forgotten a thing or two.

Anyhoo! Unsurprisingly my favourites this month are tried and trusted things that I've been using for a while. Not only have I had contact dermatitis to contend with (and therefore restrictions on what I can put on my face), but I've also been short on time so I haven't been trying many new things.

In no particular order...


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

Full review here. This could really be in my favourites every month because it's my favourite makeup product of all time. I recently included it in Project Dent, which encouraged me to finally review it, and if I could wear it every day for the rest of my life, I would be happy. I do save it for when we're going out, though, because it's not cheap.

This powder does the unthinkable: it airbrushes my skin, makes me look five years younger and diminishes the look of pores and fine lines. It also adds a subtle sheen that makes me look healthy, and I honestly couldn't live without it. Love.


Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Brilliant Strobe Light

This was also in a recent round of Project Dent and it was a pleasure to use it every day for two weeks. I've reviewed it here.

I own two of these highlighters - this one and Euphoric Strobe Light - and I've always loved how soft and subtle they are on the skin, as well as how smooth and silky they are to the touch. The only problem with the formula is that it contains tiny flecks of noticeable glitter, and while I normally wouldn't wear anything with glitter in it (except on the eyes), I live with it in these because they otherwise look so natural and they don't emphasise texture. Without the glitter, they'd be perfect.

Still, Brilliant Strobe Light is perhaps my favourite shade of all the highlighters I own: there's something special about it and I love it for the colour alone.


Darphin Hydraskin Rich

Full review here. I haven't been able to use many of my normal skincare products for the time I've had contact dermatitis (about one month now), but I have been able to use this cream because it's a simple moisturiser that's free of active ingredients.

What I've always loved about this product is that it's super rich and it delivers intense nourishment to my dry skin. Yes there are times when it's too much for my skin, but there are also always times when I need something heavy duty and this is it. If you have oily skin, steer clear - but if your skin is in need of a drink, this is a great option. Love.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette

I only recently introduced this product to Project Dent, but I've certainly been reaching for it a lot prior to then. I haven't reviewed it yet but I will, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.

What I love about this palette is that the shadows are soft and smooth, and they also blend beautifully. Plus I love that it's very much a neutral palette, so you don't need to be wearing pink and red eyeshadow with this if you don't want to: there's plenty of lower key stuff to reach for if you want.

There's a reason why this palette is so well-loved in the beauty community: it performs well and it doesn't look like every other palette on the market (minus of course the many dupes that came after it). Love.


Skinstitut Firming Eye & Neck Cream

And last, the product I reviewed this morning (see that review here). I initially hadn't intended on including it in my February favourites, but I then decided that it deserves to be here because I've been using it for almost six months now and I've never tired of it. Given how often I tire of most skincare, that says something.

What I like about this is that you can buy it for less than $30 AUD if you shop around, it contains a generous 30ml of product and it just does the job well. It's hydrating enough for the overnight spot and for the last six months I've woken up to eyes that feel nourished and comfortable. Given that a lot of eye creams don't do enough for my dry, 37yo eyes, the fact that this one does - and does so at a reasonable price - says a lot. Worth trying.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you found some ideas for new products to try.

Do let me know in the comments if you've tried anything amazing recently: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.