Project Dent 2018 update: Becca custom palette (Ombre Nudes and Ombre Rouge)

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Dent update post for the year!

The item we're talking about now is my custom palette filled with shadows from the Becca Ombre Rouge and Ombre Nudes Eyeshadow Palettes, minus the shimmery gold from Ardency Inn (top left) and some of Nars Sin (top right), a blush that I've re-pressed into a smaller pan because I like how it looks when combined with these particular shades.

The above and below photos show how my shadows looked two weeks ago before I introduced them to Project Dent; and you'll note that I hadn't made much progress on them back then.

Do also note that every shot in this post has been enhanced for clarity. If you'd like to see these shades true to colour, my review of Ombre Rouge is here and my review of Ombre Nudes is here.


Above is how my palette looked two weeks ago, and below is how they're looking now, after two weeks' daily use:


Again, here's how they were two weeks ago:


And here's how they're looking now, after two weeks' daily use:


As you can see, I've barely made any progress over the denting period! Yes I can see that a few tiny dips have opened up on the surfaces of some of the shades (you'll see those in the centre of the pans above, and you'll note they weren't there previously), but I haven't been able to achieve much else.

Why? These shadows are pigmented! And I tend to go for more natural eye looks, so I'm never going to get through pigmented shadows very quickly.

Indeed, what I've learned over the denting period is that these Becca shadows are a lot more pigmented overall than the Too Faced ones I dented recently, and they do also adhere better to my eyes - even in this sweltering heat - so I haven't needed to reapply them after a few hours' wear in the heat (but I did with the Too Faced shadows).

What this tells me is that I'm better off keeping the Becca shadows in my collection and panning the Too Faced ones next year. Sure, they're not exactly the same products in colour, but they're similar enough that I don't need both.

Thankfully I was hoping to choose between the Becca and Too Faced shadows over the denting period, so even though I haven't made a tonne of progress in two weeks, at least we can say that I've made my choice. That's a valuable step, for me at least.

That's all from me! Hope all's well from you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.