Lust Have It August 2015

/
0 Comments

Look what showed up this week - yay!

Indeed, it's been a big week in terms of beauty products because I received this, my pack of free stuff from beautyheaven AND a few free goodies from Bodyography. I'm so excited, I don't quite know what to do with myself!


August is Lust Have It's birthday month, so we were expecting a good box and I reckon we got one. It's not the best box I've ever received but it's certainly decent and I'll probably keep everything.

I only recently re-subscribed to LHI after Violet Box closed operations, and I may or may not stay subscribed depending on the quality of the boxes over the next little while. If they're all as well-rounded as this one is (and if I don't keep receiving black eyeliners, like I did from these guys last year), then I may well keep the subscription going for now.


My photos aren't great in this post because the weather hasn't been good for photos so far this week, but I've made the decision to write this post anyway because the photos don't need to be wonderful for unboxings - they need to be better when it comes to individual reviews (and I'll review each of these products in turn, updating this post once I've trialled everything and can comment properly on the contents).


Reed Orange & Poppy Seed Scrub (RRP $6.50 for 150g; received full size)

I love body scrubs, so I'm always up for a new one! It seems that dry body scrubs are the flavour of the season: I've received four of these over the last couple of months and prior to that I'd never received one.

This one apparently leaves your skin silky smooth and moisturised, while filling your bathroom with a wonderful scent. Sounds good. Looking forward to it!


Red Carpet Kolour Body Glow in Medium (RRP $49.95 for 150ml; received full size)

This was the sneak peek item for the month and I got my chosen colour. I have used this before (we received a sample from Violet Box) and I remember feeling that it was a bit gimmicky and not something I would buy.

It's apparently the first-ever luminous body lotion that creates a sexy smooth body sheen that instantly restores your skin with a more youthful looking glow. It's not a self-tanner but a coloured product that comes in three shades, and it's meant to even your skintone, diminish fine lines and wrinkles, as well as cover age spots and blemishes.

That all sounds good, but I need something like this for my face a lot more than I do for my body (and I'd say most people would feel the same). Still, I have nothing like it and I'll definitely use it because I go through body creams all too quickly, so that's a plus.


Ulta3 Volume & Length Mascara (RRP $6.95; received full size)

Some cheaper brands aren't great, but my experience of ulta3 so far has been quite good so I'm happy to give this a go. Apparently it gives you dramatically thicker, longer and magnified lashes, using its expert brush and lash-lengthening formula.

Sounds good. Hopefully the brush is decent - I need one that's not too fat since I have puffy eyes.


Mellow Cosmetics Mineral Auto Twist Eyeliner in Navy (RRP $8; received full size)

Thank god I didn't get black! I've received far too many black eyeliners over the past couple of years - most of them from LHI - and I wouldn't have been happy to get another one. I'm not sure how much I'll use a blue one (I use brown liners, since brown is more natural), but at least it's something different.

This is apparently a long-lasting, non-flaking eyeliner that glides on easily and stays sharp. It's a natural formula that suits sensitive eyes.

There's the colour:


Below I rubbed it thirty seconds after applying it:


It has smudged a bit but it stood up better than most eyeliners I've tried, so I suspect it will last well on the eyes. Yay to that.


Mellow Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in Peach (RRP $9.50; received full size)

This is apparently highly pigmented and silky smooth. It's also easy to blend, long-lasting, and can be worn wet or dry.

I can confirm that it's silky and easy to blend, plus it is pigmented.

There it is below:


There's a heavy swatch:


Below I've blended it out:


It does have a few glitter bits in it unfortunately - I prefer sheen over shimmer - but it's not too bad and it's definitely something I'll wear. I'm glad I received this particular shade because it's a good highlighter, although I'm not sure I would call it peach. It looks a bit peach in the pan but it applies more like a white pearl. I'm fine with that - it's a versatile shade and I'm looking forward to testing it properly.

In sum

This is a good box and I'll keep everything in it. That's always a good sign! The item I'm most excited about is the body scrub - mainly because I love scrubs and I haven't heard of the brand before.

The RRP value of the box is over $80, although most of that is taken up by the RCK product and the other items are cheapies. That's fine with me since Mellow and Ulta3 are good brands, but if you're not happy with the body glow product, you mightn't feel this box is the best value.

Overall I'm happy with the box and I'll stay subscribed to LHI for the moment.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.