September 2015 empties #2

/
0 Comments

I mentioned last month that I thought September would be a huge month in terms of empties, and indeed it has been. So much so that I may well do a third empties post at the end of the month!

The good news is, the more products I get through, the less I'll have to pack up and take with me when we move house in a few weeks, so I'd be quite happy to get through bundles of products before we go.

Anyhoo. Let's have a look at what I've finished so far this month.


Meraki by Design Body Scrub in Strawberry & Coconut

This was a Violet Box inclusion. Full review here. I didn't like the smell of this one - it's far too sweet for me - but otherwise it's a nice scrub. It's rather harsh and grainy so some may find it too rough, but I like harsher scrubs so the texture was fine by me. It's hydrating as well as exfoliating, which sets it apart from other body scrubs, but I find dry scrubs quite messy to use so I wouldn't rush out and buy this. Purchase? No.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask

If you read this blog, you'll know that I don't like sheet masks, and this one is no exception. It's fine in that there's plenty of fluid in it, and the mask does have a temporary plumping effect (as would chucking a wet towel on your face for ten minutes), but otherwise it doesn't do much for my skin. I think if you liked sheet masks, you might be happy with this one, but since I don't it's rare that I find one I like. Purchase? No.



L'Oreal Elvive Anti-frizz Shampoo

I've been through a couple of these bottles - along with the matching conditioner - and I'm not sure why I haven't done a full review of them yet because they're quite good. They definitely help with the frizz factor and they leave my hair much more manageable than it would normally be. My only gripe with the products is that I need to wash my hair more frequently when I use them (maybe because they leave my hair a bit coated), but otherwise I really like them. Repurchase? Yes.

ProYouS Pore Control Foam Deep Cleanser

This was a Memebox inclusion and it's one of the few products I received from Memebox that I really liked. Full review here. It's lasted for ages since you only need to use a little each time, and I normally get sick of cleansers by the end of the bottle but I didn't with this one. It's a green gel that self-foams on contact with skin, and it cleans well and leaves my face feeling fresh and tight (in a good way). I only wish it were easier to come by in Australia! Purchase? Maybe, if I could get it easily in Oz.


ProYou Magic Silky Skiny Skin Essence

This was one of those products that I never thought I would get through - I guess because its consistency is like water and you only use a little each time, so months can go past and it's still going strong. Full review here. This was another Memebox inclusion and one that I really liked, so I'm sad to see the back of it but also glad that I can finally move on to another product. I used it as a serum beneath my moisturiser and my skin really liked it: it has a brightening and hydrating effect and leaves my skin feeling supple. Purchase? Maybe, if I could get it easily in Oz.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Top Coat

Full review here. I used this product as a brow gel and I didn't like it at all. I did test it as a top coat for my mascara and noticed no difference in the look or wear-time of my mascara: all I noticed was that my mascara was impossible to wash off. As a lash primer, it was also difficult to remove and it left my lashes looking gluey and grey. What happens is that any coloured product you use (eg black mascara) starts to dye the gel, meaning it looks cloudy and you can see it. It got sent to the brow section and, while it did keep my brows in place, it made them feel gluey and rubbery. In sum, I didn't like this at all - thankfully it was a Bellabox inclusion and I didn't pay for it. Purchase? No.


Project Pan products

I've already talked a lot about both of these products so I won't say much here, other than to note that I like the Sally Hansen Diamond Flash fast-dry top coat, and it definitely does what the name suggests. The Nars oil-free primer was also a lovely product and I'm sad to see the back of it, but I prefer other primers so I wouldn't buy it. Purchase? No.



Etat Libre D'Orange EDP

This was a Violet Box inclusion and I didn't love it. It's quite heady and strong and a much better perfume for night. I prefer lighter fragrances that smell fresh so this one isn't for me. Purchase? No.

Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask with Lavender

Full review here. I've been using a lot of Alpha-H products recently, and this is one of the few that my skin really doesn't like. I found that it did little but dry my skin out, and it certainly didn't live up to its claims in terms of brightening and resurfacing the skin. Having said this, a lot of people love this mask so it could just be that it doesn't agree with my skin - so don't discount it. Repurchase? No.

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Synchronised Recovery Complex II

This is a great product and I can see why so many people rave about it. Full review here. Having said this, I've been through two of these trial sizes in the original version and two in the updated version, and I liked it better when I first used it. This may be because I've since found a number of great serums (so this one doesn't stand out as much), and it could also be that the original version - which I tried first - agrees more with my skin. Purchase? Maybe.

In sum

Hooray for empties! The best products in this bunch are the two ProYou products and the Estée Lauder serum. I'll check back in at the end of the month with more empties - it's definitely been a big month in terms of finished products : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.