March 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
Gosh, is it favourites time already? Didn't I just do a favourites post? Looks like it's going to be another one of those years that vanishes before you can even register what year you're in - and apparently that only gets worse with age.

I heard somewhere once that the brain measures time based on how much of it you have to remember. The memory is only so large. That's why years feel like decades when we're children but they pass a lot faster as we age. I'm not sure if this is true but it certainly makes sense.

Anyhoo! March favourites. In no particular order...


Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Lotion

Full review here. This body lotion was a new discovery for me this year and I'm so glad I found it. Indeed, I like it so much that I gave it an HG tag and you may well see it appear in my yearly favourites.

It's beautifully rich and hydrating but it's not so heavy that it can't absorb properly. I've been using it for the past couple of months and I finished it yesterday (sad face) - a bugger because my body hasn't felt this hydrated for a while. 

Plus it's reasonably priced and you can often find it on special so it's even cheaper. Love.


Alpha-H Essential Hydration Cream

This is another new discovery for me and I'm glad I've finally tried it - it's been on my list of products to try for ages. I've reviewed it here.

It came as part of a set and it's my favourite of the three items contained in the set. Sure, it doesn't perform somersaults - but it moisturises my dry skin beautifully while still being lightweight enough that it sits well under makeup.

If like me you have enough fancy skincare and active ingredients in your serums and treatments, then a plain moisturiser like this is bang-on. It's not too expensive (you can find the full-size online for around $40 AUD) and it works.


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Prismatic Amethyst

I haven't reviewed this yet for the simple reason that I'm drowning in draft review posts and this isn't the most pressing because it's not a new product and I also won't be finishing it anytime soon.

But it was part of my Project Dent series this month, and during the two weeks I used it daily, I was reminded of how much I love it. Indeed, it's one of my favourite highlighters of all time.

If you like Becca highlighters in theory but find that in practice they tend to emphasise texture, then this is the Becca highlighter for you. It's more subtle than the other ones I own (being Opal and Champagne Pop), but you can also build it if you want to. It offers a beautiful, slightly different glow that's still everyday appropriate. Love.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette

This is another product that I dented this month and that I also haven't reviewed yet. Oops. I'll get there!

But I've had this for over a year now and I agree that the formula is as good as everyone says it is. It blends and applies well, and I love how soft and creamy the shadows are in texture. Yes there's a bit of kick-back with these, but if you're gentle with your brush, it's not too bad.

I love that you can get everyday, neutral looks with this palette and that it also contains some brighter shades for a bit of interest. I think it would be hard to ever get bored of this palette. A cult favourite for a reason.


The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

Last up, another product that I've recently finished - so best I include it in my monthly favourites while it's still front of mind! I've reviewed it here.

You may have heard others say that The Ordinary does a good facial oil for a good price, and I have to agree. This one's beautifully thick and rich so it's great for dry skin, although I would steer clear of it if you're oily because it might be too heavy.

If your skin is dry or dehydrated, though, this is a great pick. It nourishes and has a protective element because it does leave a residue behind (a good residue, not a bad one), and it certainly helped bring my skin back into balance after it was in a super dry, ashen and dead period. Recommended.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you've found some great products of your own recently. Let me know in the comments if so: I'm always up for suggestions!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.