March 2018 empties #1

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first empties post for March! 

Indeed, it may well be my only empties post this month - unless I can somehow miraculously find a way to take photos today when I feel half-dead. Unlikely, but you never know.

And then there's the matter of how badly the kids have slept all week... Boo foo boo.

Let's have a look.


Korres Olympus Tea Foaming Cleansing Cream

Full review here. This cleanser was ok. It was more of a cloudy gel in look and feel so I'm not sure why they called it a cream. 

My two main issues with this were first that it stunk to hell and back of men's cologne (it's one of the strongest smelling products I've ever used) so I wasn't thrilled about putting it on my face for that reason. My second problem was that it left a waxy coating on the skin so I could only ever use it as my first cleanse, meaning that my second cleanser had to deal with the residue this one left behind - rather than just cleaning my skin.

It did an ok job of makeup removal but it wasn't great so I wouldn't recommend it.

Korres Olympus Tea 3 in 1 Cleansing Emulsion

This one didn't stink as much as the other one so I preferred it for that reason, but it also wasn't a very good cleanser. I've reviewed it here.

It was one of those odd products that I enjoyed using but that didn't do much for me. I liked that it felt beautifully cooling and soothing when applied (so I looked forward to using it), but it was more like a thin lotion than a cleanser and it was terrible at washing my face. Makeup and grime didn't budge when I used it, and really, removing those was its only job so what's the point? Not for me.


Dermalogica Overnight Repair Serum and Phyto Replenish Oil

These came in a GWP set and while they were ok, neither of them stood out to me and I can barely remember using them. That certainly tells you something!

I remember that the serum was nicely hydrating but it wasn't any more hydrating than the Antipodes serums I love (which are significantly cheaper) and the oil was just another facial oil that nourished the skin but didn't feel any different from the cheaper options I've used.

Also worth noting is that the packaging on these samples is an absolutely nightmare to use. The bottles contain little dropper caps that weep tiny tears of product, but the stuff inside didn't run out of them easily (I guess because there wasn't enough product and therefore weight in the samples to push out the lower fluid well) and I'm also convinced that half the samples were wasted because I couldn't dispense everything in there, nor could I remove the caps and get it out.

Annoying. Don't bother.


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 180 Vintage Pink and Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine Lipstick in 600 Spin all Spring

I'm going to comment on these together because they're both as bad as each other. I've reviewed Vintage Pink here and Spin all Spring here if you're interested.

The problem with both of these is that even though they feel creamy when applied, they don't look that way on the lips (they both emphasise texture something chronic) and they're also incredibly drying so I can't rely on them for moisture and they dry my lips out completely if I use them for more than a day or two running.

On top of this, the formula of both isn't 'structurally sound' so they start to melt and deteriorate once you've used them a bit, meaning I wasted so much of both products because they spewed all over their lids (and elsewhere). Avoid.


Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in 01 Rose

I've used one of these before and meant to review this one but ended up burning through the product so quickly that I didn't feel I could give it a complete review.

I like the formula. It looks like a gloss but feels like a balm, and it also leaves your lips feeling hydrated and soft as claimed. Plus it has a plumping effect and feels super nourishing. The main problem with it was that I finished 1g of product within a week, so I personally don't think that it would be worth buying a full-size anymore. At least I learned that this time around.

Clarins Extra Firming Neck Cream 

This cream is supposed to preserve the softness, firmness and tone of the fragile neck area. It should help reduce wrinkles, and plump and soothe the skin.

I didn't like this. It felt ok on my neck but then when I tried it on my facial skin, I discovered that it had a silicone-like, drying texture and it did absolutely nothing for moisturisation. Indeed, it dried my skin out and I had to wipe it off. Erk. Don't bother.


Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Glow Body Lotion

Full review here. I really enjoyed this body lotion. It was just a cheapie from the supermarket that I bought because it was half price when I saw it and I needed a new body cream, and happily it turned out to be a good purchase and one I would make again.

It had a light, fresh scent that I enjoyed and even though it had a lightweight, thin texture, it was still beautifully nourishing so it suited my dry, dehydrated skin perfectly. I also liked that it absorbed well and didn't leave behind a greasy residue, and the bottle lasted me longer than most so that's a plus. Recommended.

Rituals, The Ritual of Ayurveda Shower Foam

If you read this blog, you'll have heard about these before: they're easily my favourite bath and body products of all time, and one of my favourite products period. I've reviewed this one here.

It smelled nice and the foam it created was so rich and luxurious that you'd be forgiven for thinking you're using a high-end product - but in fact at $15 AUD a pop, these foams are inexpensive and you can often find them on sale if you're prepared to wait. 

I won't bang-on too much about this product here because you're probably sick of hearing about it, but I love these foams and although the Sakura scent remains my favourite, this one's nice too.


Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser

Full review here. This product was ok. When I sampled it I liked it better, but I get the feeling that the whole Dermalogica kit I ordered was getting close to expiry (something that Dermalogica wasn't prepared to either confirm or deny when I got in contact with the brand about my very old-looking kit).

So in many ways my review of this product doesn't hold much weight because I might have liked a 'fresher' cleanser more, although perhaps it's enough of a review to say that, in my opinion, Dermalogica's customer service needs work and I for one won't be buying from them again. That's my review.

Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer with Hyaluronic Acid

I really enjoy this primer and I'm glad I've got another one because I've missed it since I finished it. I've reviewed it here.

I've used a lot of primers in my time and I've now been through two of these ones, and years later I still think it's underrated. I'm not sure why more people don't talk about it - perhaps they just don't know about it - but it's easily one of the best primers I've ever used.

It's beautifully hydrating without being too heavy so it should suit normal to dry skin, and it has a slightly tacky finish so it hangs on to makeup very well. Honestly, I can't rave about it enough. Definitely one to try.

In sum

I hope you enjoyed this little empties post. As mentioned above, I had meant to get another one in for March (I certainly have enough empties for another one) but time has gotten away from me and my husband only just came back from NZ last night so I've had the toddlers on my own all week. Eek eek.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.