Pan that Palette 2018: March update (Burberry, Hourglass etc)

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my Pan that Palette update for March!

This post was meant to go up yesterday but I ended up leaving it aside because we've had a lot going on at home lately and I needed a break from the computer screen (unusual for me, I know ; )).

And since I'm still feeling that way today, I'm going to make this update as short and direct as possible. For some people that may be a relief from my usual rambling (!), while for others it may be a little boring. Apologies if so.

First up, my Burberry quad:


As you may remember, I've decided not to pan the dusty rose shade because I like it and it's relatively new, so I'll eventually re-press it into a spare pan and add it into one of my custom palettes.

Here's how my quad looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now, after one month of use:


As you can see, I've made some good headway in the palest shade (top right) and I won't be surprised if I finish that in the next couple of months.

I've also made some reasonable progress in the 'fake green' (which in practice is a muddy grey): not only have I widened the pan, but I've also worn down the surface pattern significantly.

The dusty rose I've used a bit here and there, but as mentioned above, I'm not too worried about that shade because I'd like to keep it after this year's challenge is over.

As for the brown, it doesn't look like I've made a hell of a lot of progress on this shadow although I've certainly used it a lot (mixed with the green/grey to get my brow colour). I may end up re-pressing this eventually, just to loosen the shadow (it's tightly packed) and make progress move faster.

Next, my Hourglass blush palette:


I'm still enjoying panning this as much as before and it's the only item in my challenge that hasn't yet started to bore me. That's Hourglass for you: gosh how I love their powders.

Here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


There's definite movement here: huzzah!

Now for the individual pans.

Luminous Flush, as it was last month:


As it is now:


So there has been some progress in this shade, but not much.

As mentioned in previous updates, this will be the hardest shade for me to finish because it's my least favourite of the three. I do use it occasionally to warm up eyeshadow looks, but I'll need to start finding other ways to incorporate it into my everyday routine if I want to pan it before Christmas.

Incandescent Electra, last month:


Incandescent Electra, now:


You can see that I've done some good work towards clearing out the left side of the pan.

I use this shade every day as my blush and I'm yet to tire of it. While I do think I can pan it this year, I still need to keep hard at it because blushes take forever to pan. Indeed, I may need to start wearing this on my eyes more often - once I've finished Mood Exposure (which I often use on my eyes).

Speaking of which, here's Mood Exposure as it was last month:


Mood Exposure, now:


This shade is definitely on the way out. I can't see it lasting much more than three months, and it may even be finished faster than this - depending on how much plum I have left and how much of the remaining product is the finishing powder (Mood Light).

I'm happy with the amount of progress I've made on this shade so far.

Last up, my custom palette:


Now I plan to recharge this palette over the next few days so I can fill up the empty spaces and work on some other shadows. I'll take a photo of my new palette once I've sorted out what I'm going to put in it, but do bear with me while I decide exactly what I want to pan.

Here's how it looked last month:


And now:


Yep, there's some real estate here that needs to be filled.

Let's have a quick look at each section of the palette.

Left side, as it was last month:


And now:


The big news here is that I've finally finished Stila's Luster (the dark grey) from the In the Light Palette. I tried to pan this last year and never quite got there, so I'm glad that it's finally gone.

I've barely touched Nars Isolde but I have made more progress on the Clarins bronzer, and my aim is to re-press that into a smaller pan before recharging my palette.

Next, the right side of the palette, as it was last month:


Now:


As you can see, I've cleared out two more pans on this side of the palette and I've also hit pan in the purple shade and made further progress in the large highlighter pan.

I'm definitely looking forward to recharging this palette: I'm running out of ideas when it comes to using what's left together!

As for the round pans along the bottom, here's how they looked last month:


And now:


So I've expanded the pans on both the rose gold and purple shades, but there's not much else I've done in this section of the palette.

I still need to review these Ardency Inn shadows: they've been on my list for ages but I've kept having to prioritise other posts. I'll get there eventually!

In sum

That's all from me. Just a bare-bones kind of update today: I'm sick, the kids are both sick and we've been juggling issues from all sides lately. Such is life, yes?

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.