Project Dent 2018 update: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Prismatic Amethyst

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next update post for Project Dent!

Only yesterday did I realise that I'd been using this Becca highlighter for two weeks already so it was high time I photographed my progress and closed this round of Project Dent.

And while I had hoped to review this highlighter during the denting period, I've decided to leave that review aside for now because it's not the most pressing post on my list so I need to sneak others in before it.


What I can tell you now, though, is that this highlighter is my favourite of all the Becca highlighters I've tried and it's also one of my favourite highlighters of all time.

What I love about it is that it's less intense than my other Becca highlighters (I own Opal and Champagne Pop) and it also doesn't emphasise texture the way those ones do. Christmas bonus.


The result of these things is of course that it looks a lot more natural on the skin than those ones do, and despite the interesting colour, I can get it to look extremely wearable with very little effort. 

Indeed, it's one of those highlighters that you can build if you want to but it won't deliver intense pigment out of the starting gate - so I don't need to be careful with this and I can apply it very quickly.

It's also one of those rare highlighters that you can wear over your whole face because it's not super intense. While it doesn't airbrush the skin the way Hourglass powders do, it does offer a nice, flattering glow so you can certainly use it over your whole face if you'd like.


But enough preamble. Let's have a look at how I went over the denting period.

Here's how Amethyst looked on 11 March, when I introduced it to Project Dent:


And here's how it's looking now, after two weeks' daily use:


Same shot, enhanced:


As you can see, I've definitely made a dent in this product. Indeed, it's showing a lot more progress than most products do after a round of Project Dent - although this may in part be due to the fact that the surface has a strong pattern so it's easier to see exactly where you've used it and how much you've used.

The good news about this highlighter is that never once did I get bored of it during the denting period, and while normally I'm more than ready to move on to something else by about day ten, with this product I forgot how long I'd been using it and could have kept going for a good while longer.

But there are other things to be used, so I'll wind up this round of Project Dent for now and start thinking about my next product.

I also need to show you my re-charged palette for Pan that Palette and also do my March update for Project Pan (not to mention the empties posts that I haven't done this month), so I'll endeavour to do those in the next few days - keeping in mind that my husband is about to leave for New Zealand on business so I've got a big week ahead!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.