2018 skincare no buy: essential purchase(s) #3

/
0 Comments

Funnily enough my last essential purchase update for my skincare no buy was exactly one month ago, when my dermatologist told me to buy a particular cream to see if it would help with my white patches. That update is here if you're interested.

Unfortunately that cream hasn't helped so there may well be other plans he has for my skin when I see him again in two weeks, but for now I'm just sticking my head down and continuing with my usual routine.


Since my last essential purchase, I've been good and haven't bought anything at all. But when I saw that Sukin was available for half-price at Priceline and knew I'd shortly be running out of a few things, of course I took full advantage of that while I could.

I mean, Sukin's a reasonably priced brand anyway - so if you can get it for half price, you're doing well!

What did I buy?

Three things:


* Image courtesy of priceline.com.au

Sukin Cream Cleanser

The first is Sukin's Cream Cleanser. While I do have a few cleansers open, they all either contain active ingredients or they're hybrid cleansers/exfoliants (so they have little grains in them), meaning I'm fresh out of standard, gentle cleansers that I can use every day.

I haven't heard much about this one but I'm hoping it's up to Sukin's usual standard of being pretty good for the price. As you may know, I finished my cleansing balm yesterday so this will immediately take its place in the morning spot (when I whack on a hydrating cleanser to use as a kind of mask while I'm getting the kids organised): I'll just need to photograph it today so I can open it tomorrow. I wasn't able to use it this morning, which threw a spanner in the works!

Happily it only cost $5.49 AUD on sale.
* Image courtesy of priceline.com.au

Sukin Super Greens Cleansing Oil

Again, because I've finished the cleansing balm I was using both in the morning and the evening, I needed a cleansing balm or oil that I could use for makeup removal because I didn't have anything similar I could use in its place.

This one only cost $6.99 AUD at its discounted price, so I wasn't about to let that opportunity pass me by! Plus I like that all three of these Sukin products are smaller in size, so if any of them don't work well for me, I don't have bucket-loads of product to get through - meaning that when my no buy lifts for a month in June (being my birthday month), I can sneak in a few purchases to replace these products.


* Image courtesy of priceline.com.au

Sukin Oil Balancing Facial Tonic

Last up, a toner. The one I'm using is on its last legs (I've got less than a week's worth of applications to go), so it made sense for me to buy a replacement while the sale was on.

Although I don't have oily skin, unfortunately this was the only stand-alone toner that Sukin offered (aside from a facial mist that I've tried before and didn't love), so I thought I may as well buy it and see how I went. Again, there's only 125ml of product in this and it only cost me $6.99 AUD - so it's no big loss if my skin doesn't like it.

Also again, I'll need to photograph all three of these products today so I can start using them immediately: I have gaps in my collection now that need to be filled, and these will fill them nicely.


In sum

That's all from me.

I was fully expecting to have to replenish my stores during my skincare no buy, and I've done that now so hopefully I won't need to buy anything else before June (I don't think I'll need to after this, unless of course my dermatologist prescribes something else for me to use).

In any event, I managed to buy what I needed for less than $20 AUD - so I haven't broken the bank and the products aren't too big so it's no huge loss if they're not my favourites because they won't take ages to finish.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com unless otherwise indicated


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.