August 2015 favourites

/
0 Comments
I haven't done a favourites post before, so welcome to my first one!

I'm not sure why I've never done one, I guess because I tend to have firm favourite products and so I thought I'd simply be including the same products in my favourites posts over and over again.

I've finally realised, however, that my mood changes and I sometimes prefer some products over others, and my skin and colouring do change with the seasons, so some products work better for me/look better on me at different times of the year.

I thought I would (belatedly) talk about my favourite products for last month: it was the end of winter then and there were some clear winners in terms of the products I loved most over the cooler seasons. My skin and hair always need a bit more TLC during winter, so it's no surprise that the five products I've picked are skin and hair related, and I haven't chosen any makeup products.

Let's have a look : )


LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub

I've reviewed this here. I can't do without a lip scrub in winter, although I only realised that after receiving this one from Violet Box a couple of years ago. This one's lovely and it's lasted for ages: it's the only lip scrub I own and it's still going strong.

Indeed, it's well past its expiry but I've noticed no change in smell or texture so I'm happy to keep using it for now. What I love about this is that it smells divine and leaves my lips feeling soft and looking smooth. It does a good job of exfoliating my lips without being too harsh. I can see myself loving this product FOREVER.


Secret Nature Volcanic Ash Pore Pack

This was a Memebox inclusion and it's one of the few products I received from Memebox that I really love. Full review here.

What I love about it first and foremost is the velvet smooth texture and how it feels on the face. It's a mud mask but I don't find it drying (some mud masks can exacerbate the dryness of my dry skin) and I get a lift each time I use it.

I've been rationing it a bit because I love it so much and probably won't buy it once the tub is gone - purely because it's not easy to come by in Australia - but over the last month I used it more often because it's been open a while and it's time to start getting through it.

My skin does look a bit brighter after using it but I love it more for the process of using it, as opposed to the effect: that's how beautiful it feels on the face.


Valley Sous Hair Solution Protein Therapy Perfect Mist

Full review here. This is another one of the few Memebox products I've received that I really like. It's also one of my few HG hair products, and I've been rationing it and only using it when I'm going out or when my hair needs a little extra TLC.

What I love about this mist is that it helps tame frizz without weighing my hair down, and it also makes my hair feel and look nicer, stronger and shinier. I use it before straightening my hair to help with the smoothing process and also to give my hair some protection from the hot irons, and I also use it between washes if I want to tame frizz. It works well for pretty much every hair issue I have, and that's rare.

I used this more than usual last month due to the cold weather and how dry my hair was, which is why it's made the favourites list for last month.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold Rejuvenating Cream

This is a new discovery and it's a nice pair with the Alpha-H cleanser I've included below. I've reviewed it here.

This product hit HG status from the first time I used it, and I now can't imagine ever being without it. You use it on alternate nights to Alpha-H's Liquid Gold, and in combination those two products have made an amazing difference in my skin - even my husband has noticed the change.

My skin looks younger, fresher and brighter, and the product has also made a few of my fine lines disappear. Honestly, this product far exceeds expectations and I can't rave about it enough!


Alpha-H Liquid Gold Anti-ageing Cleanser

Full review here. This is another recent discovery - it came as part of a set along with the above cream and a mask - and I love it so much that it also hit HG status straight away.

I used it a lot last month, which is why I've included it in August's favourites. I haven't used it as much this month, purely because I want the tube to last!

What I love about it is that it does a remarkable job of cleansing the skin, even though it's a cream cleanser that doesn't foam. It also has an exfoliating effect, and it feels velvety and soothing on the skin.

Even talking about it here makes me want to go and wash my face with it hehe. I can't wait to finish off the cleanser I'm currently using, so I can return to this one! Amazing.

In sum

There's my first favourites post! I'm looking forward to making these a monthly affair, and I'll have to include some makeup products next month.

Let me know what products you've been loving recently : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.