September 2019 favourites

/
0 Comments
I haven't tried many products lately that I've liked enough to send to my monthly favourites list, so what I've done is have a look through the things I'm currently using to work out which ones I reach for over the others on a regular basis. It wasn't hard to narrow things down from there.

Let's have a look.


Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in 213

Full review here. This is my HG foundation for day-use and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. It's one of the most natural-looking foundations I've ever used and it's undetectable on the skin, which is exactly what I'm after.

While it doesn't build well so I can't get even a medium coverage from it, I'm happy with a light-medium for day-use - especially because it doesn't announce itself as makeup. What it does is even out imperfections and add a natural radiance, without sitting in pores or fine lines. It's super hydrating too. Can't rave about this enough.


Becca First Light Priming Filter

Full review here. This is currently my HG primer and I absolutely love it. I recently bought my second bottle because I finished the last one in 2018, and I'm so glad to have it on hand again because it's easily one of the best primers I've used.

What this does is brighten my skin and add a subtle luminescence, so my tinted moisturiser always looks better when I've got this on underneath. It's been designed to counteract any dull yellow tones in the skin, and I absolutely agree that it does this. Love.


Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick in I've Never

Full review here. I can't get enough of this thing, and I bought another one earlier in the year because I enjoy using them so much. Yes they're expensive, but damn that packaging is out of this world and I feel so special whenever I use it that I reckon the outlay is worth it - something I've never said before with a high-end lipstick because you can find so many good ones on a budget.

While it's true that the formula is great - it lasts well and you only need a little each time because it's so pigmented - I will say that it doesn't minimise my lip texture, which is the only reason why I haven't given the formula an HG tag. Still, I can fix that issue with a gloss so all is not lost. Gorgeous.


Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminiser in Fenty Glow

I'm sure you've heard this lip gloss raved about in the beauty community before. A lot of people have gone nuts for it and I can see why: it feels lovely on, it smells good and it also looks beautiful on the lips. I've reviewed it here.

One thing I don't like about this gloss is that it's not hydrating on me and it tends to dry my lips out if I use it too often, so I've kept it aside to use as my going out gloss - which is nice because it feels more special that way and it was more expensive than my other glosses so it makes sense for me to make it last. I like the packaging and the plumping effect it gives my lips too. It's just a nice product and it looks so pretty on.


Palmolive Body Butter Coffee Scrub Exfoliating Body Wash

Full review here. This is one of the nicest body washes I've ever used, and while yes it makes for a terrible body scrub because it doesn't contain enough scrubby matter and the matter itself is pretty useless, if you don't buy it for that and just consider it a wash, it doesn't matter.

It's one of the most amazing products I've ever smelled. It smells like coffee ice cream or Baileys Irish Cream (the drink). It's a creamy product and the pH isn't too high so it's gentle on skin, and while it doesn't lather well (and I do need to use a bit more product than I normally would), if you get it onto a shower puff then you'll get more bang for your buck. Plus it's cheap. Can't beat that.

In sum

Them's my favourites for the month!

I've been doing my favourites a little earlier each month for a while now, and I've found that makes things easier at the end of the month when I need to wind up my panning projects and do my empties posts. Just in case you were wondering!

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.