Best in Beauty 2016: bath & body

/
0 Comments
Welcome to my next 'best of' post for the year. This one's all about bath and body, and below I've picked out the top five products I've used on my body this year.

So without further ado...


Rituals, The Ritual of Sakura Shower Foam

If you read this blog, this particular item will come as no surprise: it's easily my favourite bath & body product of all time, and one of my favourite products period. I've reviewed it here.

It smells divine and the foam it creates is so rich and luxurious that you'd be forgiven for thinking you're using a high-end product - but in fact at $15 AUD a pop these products are inexpensive and you can often find them on sale more cheaply. I can't imagine ever going without one of these in my shower, now that Rituals has finally come to Australia. Woot woot!


Ethique Lime & Ginger Body Polish

Full review here. This is one of those products that I didn't think much of when I first used it, but quickly grew to love once the first layer of product was gone and the true stuff shone through (the first layer contains less scrubby matter than the rest of it).

It's just a beautiful product that feels so wonderful to use - the whole experience of it, from the packaging to the scent to the feel of the bar against the skin. It also exfoliates well without overdoing things and it's one of those rare items that I look forward to using. Indeed, I love it so much that I've gone out and scored myself two back-ups. Huzzah!


MOR Candied Vanilla Hand & Body Lotion

MOR products are often on my monthly favourites lists so it's no surprise that a couple have made it into my yearly favourites for bath and body. I've reviewed this product here.

It smells divine and it's beautifully rich and hydrating so my dry skin loves it. After use my skin feels nourished, soft and comfortable, and it doesn't leave behind a greasy residue so it's a winner in my books. Indeed, this product has made me want to try the whole MOR Candied Vanilla range! Oh, the scent. Perhaps next year : )


Mr Bean Coffee Bean Scrub, Coconut

Full review here. Over the last couple of years, I've received a lot of dry scrubs through subscription boxes, and they tend to be quite messy and a bit of a hassle to use. Not this one - maybe because it isn't quite dry so it adheres to skin better, meaning you don't lose half of it in the shower since it stays where it's meant to.

Every time I open this product, I get a lift. It smells like coffee and coconut in a rich, complex way and I enjoy using it for that reason alone. The texture is also wonderful and I love rubbing it across my skin. While it does exfoliate well, the grains are also quite soft - so they're not too harsh and scratchy like some dry scrubs can be. Love this one.


MOR Emporium Classics Triple-milled Soap in Blood Orange

Full review here. Now I'm not a soap person so the fact that this has made it to my yearly favourites list speaks volumes. It does indeed smell of blood oranges in a wonderfully rich way and I enjoy using it for that reason alone. 

It also lathers well and feels super creamy and nourishing against the skin while still dissolving grime. This means that it cleans without stripping the skin, which has been one of my gripes with soap in the past so I definitely think this is a good one. My skin always feels clean and soft after using this, and never dry or uncomfortable. If you're after a special soap to give as a gift, I can't recommend this one enough.

In sum

That's it for my top bath & body picks for 2016. It's been a great year for bath & body for me, so fingers crossed that next year is just as good.

Do let me know if you've found any amazing bath & body products this year - I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.