Marie Claire's The Parcel, Summer 2016

/
0 Comments

I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my box from The Parcel this week because I was fresh out of both self-tanning cream and standard body cream, and I didn't want to go and buy any until I'd seen what was in this box because I had a feeling that at least one of those items would show up and save me a purchase.

Thankfully both did, and although the body cream is just a sample, it's still meant that I don't need to rush to the chemist today and can instead wait for the weekend when my husband is home. Any box that saves me from wielding the double pram through the cramped aisles of Chemist Warehouse is off to a good start!


As you may know, one of my issues with The Parcel is that it's not as exciting as other boxes because you generally receive items from well-known brands that you can easily find in the chemist or supermarket, rather than bringing us new and exciting products from brands we haven't seen before.

While the same is true of this box, every now and then you receive one that somehow manages to fill some gaps in your stores, and that's what's happened to me with this edit. Not only did I need the body creams, but my razor is on its last legs and so is my makeup remover. Tick tick. Plus I could have done with a handbag-sized body sunscreen to complement the facial one I have on the go (tick) and there's one item in there that I've been itching to try: the Nip + Fab glycolic pads (tick). 

So is this box thrilling? No. But gosh it's good value and it's saved me some dollars so it's a winner for me this time around.


Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturiser in Light-Medium (RRP $10.99 AUD for 221ml; received full size)

This is a gradual tanner that should deliver a natural-looking and streak-free tan without any fuss, and it apparently has no self-tanner scent.

As mentioned above, I'm fresh out of self-tanning cream so this has saved me a purchase, plus I haven't tried this one yet and I've had good luck with Jergens products before so I'm pleased with this inclusion. I have been panning a self-tanning foam via Project Pan, but I'm almost done with that and I much prefer cream tanners so I can't wait to get stuck into this.

Avene Micellar Lotion (RRP $30.95 AUD for 200ml)

This is an all-in-one, no-rinse lotion that's specifically formulated to remove makeup and impurities, while cleansing and toning sensitive skin. It's apparently made from an extra-gentle, emollient micellar cleansing agent and enriched with softening ingredients that are perfectly suited to gently cleansing the face, eyes and lips while enhancing skin hydration.

Am I sick to death of seeing micellar waters in sub boxes? Yes I am. This must be the fifth one I've received this year. I mean really. But I've almost finished the one I'm on and Avene is a good brand, so I'm happy to give this a go because I haven't used it before and it's saved me another purchase.


Klorane Conditioner with Quinine and B Vitamins (RRP $13.95 AUD for 150ml; received full size)

This is designed for thinning hair or as a complement to hair-loss treatments. Its two hero ingredients - quinine and b vitamins - are known for their strengthening properties that restore thickness to thinning, lifeless hair.

One of my pet peeves with sub boxes is receiving a shampoo or conditioner without its mate, so this inclusion annoys me. While we did receive a 20ml matching shampoo in a previous box, that's no good to me now because I've used it (and I hated it anyway), plus it wouldn't have lasted alongside this full-size conditioner. So what am I supposed to do with this? Perhaps the brand is trying to make us buy the shampoo to go with it? Hope not - that's just wrong. I suppose I'll try this but I'm still annoyed ; )

Schick Hydro Silk Razor (RRP $14.95 AUD; received full size)

This features a water-activated moisturising serum that replenishes moisture for up to two hours after shaving. Five curve-sensing blades follow the natural shape of your body and each blade has skin guards to smooth skin and prevent irritation. The oval cartridge helps you access hard-to-reach areas.

Yes razors are boring. But mine has gotten to the point where it's rusting at the edges and I probably shouldn't be using it, so I'm happy with this because it's saved me another purchase. 'Nuff said.


Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Coconut Oil Body Lotion (RRP $7.39 AUD for 250ml; received 50ml sample)

Palmer's raw coconut oil is organic, vegan, lactose-free, gluten-free and non-GMO. The refining process helps maintain the concentration of natural fatty acids to enhance the antioxidant benefits. Loaded with skin-healthy components, it deeply moisturises and softens skin.

I've tried this before and really like it (I've reviewed it here), so while it's not an exciting inclusion for me, at least it's one I'll use and enjoy.

Banana Boat SunComfort Lotion SPF 50+ (RRP $16.99 AUD for 175ml; received 59ml sample)

According to the card, this allows sand to easily brush off and moisturises to relieve dryness that can be caused by the sun. It's a lightweight, water-resistant sunscreen for everyday use.

Again, yes this is a boring inclusion but I don't have a small body sunscreen for my handbag at the moment. Now I do. Excellent.


Moroccanoil Treatment (RRP $59.95 AUD for 100ml; received 10ml sample)

This is the product that pioneered oil-infused haircare and created the worldwide buzz on argan oil. It can be used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool, and should leave you with silky, healthy hair. It's infused with antioxidant-rich argan oil and shine-boosting vitamins, and it should detangle and speed up drying time, leaving you with nourished, manageable and smooth hair.

I've always wanted to try this product and I'm pretty sure I haven't yet, so I'm happy with this inclusion. While I need more hair oils like I need a hole in the head, at least the four I have in back-log are all sample bottles that fit nicely in my handbag. Looking forward.

Nude by Nature Sheer Glow BB Cream in 03 Nude Beige SPF 8 (RRP $29.95 AUD for 30ml; received 15ml sample)

This is a new product and it aims to even out skintone and minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a natural, luminous finish. It's also meant to fight the visible signs of ageing with active natural ingredients including the native Australian Kakadu plum, known for its abundant vitamin c content. It has a lightweight, non-greasy texture that's enriched with moisturising aloe vera, phytomoist and desert date oil to benefit the skin and perfect the complexion.

I tried the old version of Nude by Nature's BB Cream and from memory I really didn't like it, so I'll be interested to see if the formula has improved at all. Fingers crossed that it has. While I don't need any more base products, at least BB/CC creams and tinted moisturisers are my favourite so I would much prefer this to a foundation.


Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads, 60 pads (RRP $29.95 AUD for 60 pads; received five pads)

These are radiance-boosting pads that are soaked in exfoliating glycolic acid (2.8%) to restore texture and resurface the skin, while witch hazel helps to tone. The moisturising formula with hyaluronic acid and blue daisy helps reveal brighter, smoother-looking skin.

These have been doing the rounds in the beauty community and I've been wanting to try them, so I'm happy to see them here. Hopefully five pads is enough to really get a feel for the product and how it works over time. We'll see.

Swisse Manuka Honey Detoxifying Facial Mask (RRP $19.99 AUD for 70g; received 10ml sachet)

This is a naturally absorbent facial mask that's luxuriously formulated to purify and detoxify the skin, while leaving it smooth and hydrated. It's ideal for congested and blemish-prone skin.

Meh, sachets. I also haven't liked any Swisse skincare items I've tried to date, so I'm a little suspicious of this but I will try it.

In sum

This is a good-value bundle with the RRP total of the contents coming in at over $100. As always these boxes are only worth it if you're going to use most things, and in this case I am so I'm pleased about that.

As I've said, while this isn't a hugely exciting box, at least it's one of those rare boxes that's filled quite a few gaps in my collection and saved me a trip to the chemist - plus it's saved me the dollars I would have spent on the items I needed. You can't ask for more than that!

Let me know if you received this box and what you think of it if so.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.