The big declutter 2016: declutter round #3

/
0 Comments

Welcome to my last declutter post for the year. After much thought, I've decided to move another fifteen items out of my collection - just because I'm not using them and I feel that someone else may enjoy them more than I do.

This post will round-off my 2016 declutter series and, while I don't intend to do a round-up post on all the items I've decluttered this year, this represents my third and final declutter and it's also the largest of the three that I've done - a good thing, since I have too much stuff and can't wait to start the New Year off with less on my shelves.

Let's have a quick look at each item I'm decluttering.


Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

This palette showed up in a sub box this year, and although I think it contains a nice bunch of colours, it's not something I need so I'm planning to pass it on to someone else.

I do plan to review this shortly so stay tuned for that, but what I've found is that the shadows are inconsistent - some are quite buttery and pigmented while others are dry and chalky - and there's no point in me keeping shadows that don't work for me, especially when I have plenty of shades in my collection that are similar to these. I've no doubt I can find someone who'll have more use for it than I do.

Models Prefer Nude Eyeshadow Palette

I've reviewed this here. It's not the world's worst palette but I stopped reaching for it long ago so it's time to pass this one on. Given that it's quite old, however, I plan to give it to my daughter to use as paints because the shadows have gotten to the age that I can't say they're still ok to use on the eyes.

I did use this quite a bit back in the day so it was by no means a wasted purchase, and it also made up its value because I like the brush that came with it and the packaging is nice so it's been a display item on my makeup shelves for a long time.


Milani Baked Blush in 08 Corallina

This came in a box from Maslow & Co, and while I really like the formula and understand why these blushes are so well-loved in the beauty community, this particular shade is a glitter bomb so it's not one I'll use and I'd rather pass it on to someone who'll love it. I've reviewed it here.

It's such a gorgeous colour and one that I would have otherwise reached for often, so I'm sad to let it go but I would rather do that than leave it gathering dust in my collection: I don't like noticeable glitter on my face so I know I'll never use it. A shame!

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom

Full review here. I forgot to picture this in the opening shot above because it had rolled off under a desk and I missed it, but it's another one that I'm decluttering because it's not a formula I enjoy and I'm sure someone else will like it more than I do.

I find this gloss to be waxy and drying, and I really don't see the hype around Burt's Bees glosses because I had this issue with the one I tried before (the original version). Guess something in the formula just doesn't agree with me. Hoh well.

Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive

I've gone on enough about these because I panned my shade in Nudist during 2016 via Project Pan, but suffice to say that I don't like the formula so I'm passing it on while it's still within expiry. Full review here. In short, it transfers and never sets. Not good when you have hooded eyes!


Mirenesse Super Long Wear Gel Mineral Face Colour x 4

I've vowed to never review Mirenesse products on this blog because I don't like their advertising practices and I've had issues with their customer service, but I wanted to note here that I'm passing these four gels on because they don't work for me: they never set and they transfer and crease. Argh! Someone without hooded eyes may find them easier to work with. 


Marsk Mineral Blush in Watermelon and Marsk Mineral Bronzers in Bondi Bronze and Tassie Tan

I've reviewed these here. I like the look of them and the formula is finely milled, but in reality they're also glitter bombs and I never reach for them. I thought I'd use them as eyeshadows but turns out I can't because they transfer like crazy onto my hooded upper eye area and I get fall-out throughout the day when I wear them. They might be ok with a glitter glue but I don't own one of those and I won't buy one just for these. Someone will love them, I'm sure.

Marsk Mineral Eyeshadows in Rich List, Vanilla Frosting and Mudcake

I've reviewed two shades here and here. I didn't bother reviewing (or even opening) Mudcake because I already knew by then that I couldn't work with the formula for the reasons mentioned above: they transfer everywhere and probably need a glitter glue, which I don't own.

In sum

Hooray for my final delutter of the year! I'm pleased to be sending fifteen more items packing and can't wait to pass them on to friends and family who will use them more than I do.

Let me know if you've done any decluttering this year and how you've found it if so.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.