December 2016 favourites

/
0 Comments
Some people don't write December favourites posts because they focus instead on their yearly favourites and find the monthly December ones redundant, and while I do see the logic in that, I also feel that I've loved particular products throughout December that don't necessarily make it to my 2016 'best of' lists and I want to mention them all the same.

So without further ado, here are my favourites for this month.


Chantecaille Jasmine Lily Healing Mask

Full review here. I fell head over heels for this product from the moment I used it, so much so that I've already gone out and bought the full size. Indeed, it would have made it to my yearly favourites post if I'd used it for longer, but since it's a newer product I would rather see if it stands the test of time and then mention it in my 2017 favourites if it does.

I received it in one of my Mecca Beauty Loop boxes and I'm so glad I did because it's the most hydrating mask I've ever used. It feels so soothing and cooling when applied, and after use my dry skin just looks nourished and plump and it feels much more comfortable. I don't like the $123 AUD price tag but I'll live with it because that's what Mecca gift cards are for ; ). A gorgeous product. It's no surprise to me that its average review score on Mecca's website is 4.8 stars out of five.


SK-II RNA Power Eye Cream

This also came in a sample box and the 2.5g tub lasted over a month of daily use so I think the full size winds up being reasonable value on a price-per-use basis, despite the whopping $149 AUD price tag. I've reviewed it here.

I don't normally feel that expensive products are worth their outlays, but in this case I'm prepared to make an exception because it's just a beautiful eye cream and my dry, dehydrated and sleep-deprived skin really enjoyed it. After use, my eyes felt comfortable and nourished, and I'll certainly keep it in mind if I have some cash to burn on decent skincare: not all products are worth the splurge, but I do think this one is.


May Coop Raw Sauce

Full review here. Essences are having their moment these days and the ones I've used so far have impressed me, including this one.

My skin really liked it and after use it looked brighter and more awake, plus it felt firmer and more toned to boot. It's one of those products that gives you a slap in the face in the best of ways, and I liked how fresh and healthy my skin looked after using this. While I don't think it's the best product of its kind that I've used, what's good about it is that it's not expensive so it's a good starting point if you're interested in trying an essence. Definitely worth a look-in.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit

Full review here. Yes this was in my Pan that Palette 2016 challenge so in theory I should be sick to death of it, but in reality I'm not. That's how you know a product is really good: when you use it to death and don't become bored of it, that means it's a keeper.

The reason I've loved this so much throughout December is because it's an easy, versatile product and I've been tired and short on time, meaning products like this come in extra handy. Even though I've now finished Dim Light, I use Radiant Light as a bronzer topper, a mix of Radiant and Incandescent Light as an all-over finishing powder, and I've even gone in and concentrated the two shades for use as a highlighter both on the face and the eyes. So many uses for one product. You have to love that.


Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

I haven't reviewed this yet because I've only been using it for the last couple of weeks, but I had to mention it because it became a firm favourite from the moment I opened my sample. Yes I've used it before but back then I didn't have many other primers to compare it to, and these days I've used a lot of them so I have a better idea of what's good and what's not. This one's fantastic. 

You only need the tiniest bit each time because it's thin and it spreads out so beautifully, so even this 4ml sample will last me for ages and, when I do buy it (which I certainly will), I reckon I'll only need the travel size since I'll never get through a full bottle. It just smooths the skin, feels beautiful on and preps the face so well for makeup - it's no surprise to me that it's a beauty-lovers' favourite. A sensational product, and one I'm looking forward to reviewing.

In sum

There are my favourites for the month! It wasn't hard to pick out my top five for December because I knew exactly what I've been loving without scouting around in my bathroom, which just goes to show that these products were front-of-mind.

Do let me know what you've been loving this month : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.