December empties #1

/
0 Comments

Hooray for another month of empties posts. I recently had a look at my empties stash and realised just how big it is, so there may well be enough for three empties posts in December - particularly if I manage to have a good panning month. Fingers crossed!

I'm extra excited because some of these items I've had going for ages, so it's nice to finally be able to say goodbye to them and move on to other things.

Let's have a look.


Lindsay Collagen Modelling Mask

This came in a Maslow & Co box and I wasn't sure what to make of it because it's a massive tub and there's only one use in there. What you do is add water so it turns gluggy, then you apply it to your face before it sets, then once it hardens into a weird rubbery thing, you peel it off in one hit.

It was a really strange product to use - in part because there was so much of it in there that the layer on my face was very thick - but I really liked the results! It left my skin feeling resurfaced and beautifully smooth. I'm not sure that I'd buy it but I wouldn't knock another one back. Purchase? No.

Davroe Replenish Jojoba Creme Treatment

Full review here. This was on my Project Pan list and I've talked about it at length there, so for these purposes it's enough to say that I didn't like it at all and the only way I could get through it was as a pre-wash mask. 'Nuff said. Purchase? No.


Sally Hansen Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover

Full review here. This was a disappointing product because it didn't remove polish well at all, plus I needed to use heaps of it each time and had to scrub and scrub to remove the polish.

On top of that, I'm really not sure how gentle it is. I think having to use heaps of remover each time and then having to rub at your nails to get the job done really doesn't help. I definitely wouldn't recommend it if your nails tend towards dryness and cracking. Repurchase? No.

Manicare Nail Polish Remover Pads

On the flip side, these products are sensational and I mightn't have discovered them if it weren't for the Priceline goodies bag they came in. I've reviewed them here.

They're pure genius: nail polish remover that travels well, doesn't smell horrendous and does the job brilliantly well? Now that's a product I can get behind!

I only need one pad to remove the polish from all ten fingernails, and I can even do my toenails with the same pad if the colour isn't too dark or layered on too thickly. Amazing. Purchase? Yes.


Stila Stay all Day 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm

Full review here. This was a Project Pan item so I'll be brief because I've talked enough about it already. I do like this product and I mainly used it to darken any base that was too pale for me, or I mixed it in with my primer to bronze myself up. Repurchase? Probably not, but only because I'd like to try other products.

MOR Mon Amie Luminous Body Milk in Cecilia

This was another gorgeous product from one of my favourite brands for bath and body: MOR rarely disappoints, and it certainly didn't with this. I've reviewed it here.

It's a white, milky liquid that's almost as thin as water, and you spray it out of the bottle as you might a fragrance. When you first see the texture, you'd be forgiven for thinking there's no way it could hydrate your skin - but it's nicely moisturising and a little goes a long way so this bottle lasted a good while. The only thing I didn't love was the scent, but it wasn't offensive so I could live with it. Purchase? Yes, but in one of the other available fragrances. 


Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

Full review here. This is a sensational product and it's loved by many for good reason. Problem is, it ain't cheap - but at least it's available in this travel-sized version and I'd only ever buy that because you use so little each time and it's too intensive (for me, anyway) to use more than once a week or even once a fortnight, depending on how sensitive/dry my skin is at the time.

It resurfaces the skin beautifully and leaves my face looking and feeling brighter and clearer, plus I personally don't find it too abrasive if I go gently when I massage it across the skin. Repurchase? Yes, but I'd like to try other products first.

Pixi Nourishing Sleep Mask

This is a fantastic, inexpensive alternative to all those hydrating overnight masks flooding the market these days. I've reviewed it here.

As soon as I use it, my skin looks and feels like it's had a drink. It's soothing and cooling when applied, and I enjoy using it for that reason alone because it feels so refreshing and gives my dry skin some instant relief. After applying it, my skin feels nourished and comfortable, and I wake up to soft, hydrated skin that looks and feels a damn sight better than it did the night before. Repurchase? Absolutely.
  

Hourglass No 28 Primer Serum

Full review here. This may well be my favourite primer of all time, and it's definitely in the top three. It's so beautifully hydrating that it manages any dry patches so I have no issues with applying my foundation when my skin's at its driest.

A little goes a long way so even this travel-sized version lasted me over a year of frequent use. I can't recommend this enough if you have dry skin, and while it is expensive, the travel-sized version won't break the bank and I'd never get through the full-sized one before it expired anyway. Love. Repurchase? Yes.

Earth's Nectar Mint Leaves Scalp Oil

This came from Maslow & Co and it's one of those products I'd never have thought to buy for myself: it's an oil that you massage into your scalp before washing to help improve the condition of your hair and stimulate growth. I've reviewed it here.

While I've no idea whether or not it worked, I loved giving myself scalp massages twice a week so that's something I'd like to continue doing! Purchase? Probably not, but I did enjoy the product.

In sum

Some firm favourites in this empties post - in particular the ExfoliKate, the Hourglass primer and the Pixi sleep mask - all of which I plan to repurchase in future. The others I can live without, but it's a good lot of empties overall.

Do let me know if you've finished anything amazing this month, I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.