Fun new things to play with 2018 #3

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my third and final samples post for the year.

I've been meaning to do one of these for a while because my larger samples have been piling up, and this is a good way to clear things out before the end of the year (and before my next makeup and skincare inventories).

What I'll do now is introduce the products I'll be testing over the next month, and later on I'll review anything that's large enough to warrant an individual review before coming back and updating this post with mini reviews of each product.

Let's have a look.


Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish (RRP $4 AUD for 50ml)

This should transform scaly legs from reptilian to radiant. It claims to eliminate dry surface flakes, and it's described as a superhero-strength, skin-smoothing spa body polish with shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar.

As you may know, I haven't had a lot of luck with Soap & Glory as a brand - but I bought this because it cost the right amount to get me over the line for free shipping with a Mecca order, and I'm low on body scrub so I thought I might as well try it because it's had great reviews. We'll see.


Korres Bergamot Pear Body Milk (RRP $3 AUD for 40ml or $24 AUD for 200ml)

This claims to give you soft, smooth and supple skin. It's apparently infused with anti-inflammatory, line-softening almond oil and nourishing shea butter to deeply hydrate even the driest of skins. 

This was another product that I threw into my cart to qualify for free shipping, and while I'd intended to save it for travel, we're not travelling anytime soon so I thought I may as well use it now. Fingers crossed that it smells as good as it sounds.


A'kin Natural Deodorant (RRP $9.99 AUD for 150ml)

This claims to provide odour-neutralising care using a delicate and aromatic blend of geranium, cedarwood and patchouli oil. Selected for their deodorising properties, these natural ingredients and plant-based actives slow down the bacterial enzymes that degrade sweat and release that dreaded body odour we all want to avoid! Skin is left feeling clean, refreshed and comfortable, naturally.

I've become sensitive to normal deodorants in my old age so I'm looking forward to trying this. If it works and doesn't irritate my underarms, I'll absolutely buy it.
 

Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate (RRP $99 AUD for 30ml)

Full review here. This is my HG serum and I'm glad to have another tube to play with. Indeed, I have two more of these 5ml samples waiting in the wings, and I'll be sure to use them soon because I love this product and can't live for long without it.

It's one of those rare items that does everything it claims to do. My face always looks younger and better when I'm using this (to the point that other people notice the difference) and I intend to always have one in my collection. Yay.
 

Omorovicza Intensive Hydra-Lifting Cream (RRP $257 AUD for 50ml)

This is apparently a rich and easily absorbed anti-ageing moisturiser that's formulated for everyday use. It should deliver instant lifting, visible plumping and prolonged, sustained firming - while resurfacing lines and wrinkles, and providing lasting hydration.

This has fantastic reviews on Mecca's website, but gosh, I can't bring myself to spend this much on a moisturiser. Still, I'm looking forward to trying it. It's designed for my dry skin so let's hope it's as good as it claims to be.


Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash (RRP $40 AUD for 240ml)

This is described as a daily exfoliating facial cleanser that's designed to effectively cleanse the skin while providing resurfacing benefits. It's apparently gentle enough to use daily, sulphate-free and also formulated with ingredients designed to replenish and protect the skin, while conditioning it and retaining its moisture level.

I haven't had much luck with Philosophy as a brand but I'll certainly try this and see how I go. I love exfoliants so I'm always up for testing another one.


Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye ($100 AUD for 15ml)

This is apparently Estée Lauder’s most comprehensive anti-ageing eye cream. It's described as a hydrating and refreshing gel-cream formula that improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles and uneven skintone, leaving behind brighter, more vibrant eyes. Its luxurious texture is cushiony and comfortable to the touch.

I'm really looking forward to trying this, and while I've just realised that I've used it before (see review here), that was a long time ago so I can't wait to test it again. Fingers crossed that it's good.


Intraceuticals Rejuvenate Gentle Cleanser (RRP $45 AUD for 120ml)

This claims to calm sensitive, dry or irritated skin. It's described as a non-irritating gel cleanser that combines plant-based cleansing agents with skin-soothing botanicals, for a more healthy skin barrier. It's apparently ideal for skin prone to redness and discomfort after cleansing.

I haven't tried anything from this brand before so I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes, plus I love cleansers and I'm always up for testing more.


Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Eyeshadow in Kitten Karma (RRP $35 AUD)

This should give you bold, glitter-drenched lids, and the formula is said to long-wearing and infused with a blend of pearl and glitter for next level sparkle. There's apparently no fall-out with these and they should dry almost instantly to lock in weightless shine. 

I've heard so much about these that I'm looking forward to trying one, although I suspect it won't be for me (too intense) and I'm also expecting some issues with transfer on my hooded eyes. Still, I'm happy to give one a go.


BareMinerals Gen Nude Patent Lip Lacquer in Everything (RRP $27 AUD for 3.7ml)

This is described as a high-shine liquid lipstick that offers full-coverage colour and a lacquer-like finish in one swipe. It should help keep lips soft, smooth and hydrated.

While initially I saw this and thought 'liquid lipstick: not for me', the reviews have been so glowing that I'm now super excited to try it. All the comments I've seen have raved about how hydrating this is, and my dry lips are hanging out for a long-wearing lip product that lasts better than the glosses I normally reach for - so this could be the product I've been seeking. Fingers crossed! 

In sum

That's all from me! 

I'm really looking forward to trying these samples and I'm especially looking forward to reviewing and finishing them so I can move more items out of my collection before Christmas.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.