Five good things: November 2018

/
0 Comments

As you may know, I've had a busy six weeks so I'm still behind on a lot of things and I haven't been able to get many posts done over the last month or two.

But I have been writing my monthly positives at around this time every month so I thought I may as well do November's post today - especially because I have plans to keep decluttering the house while the kids are at kinder and childcare, so a quicker post is better for today.

Anyhoo! In no particular order...


There's less junk in the house

I always declutter the house when we hit October each year, for the simple reason that I know the kids will be receiving a bunch of new stuff for Christmas - so I use the end of the year as an excuse to remove the old and make room for the new.

Not only have I been through the toys, but I've been through the clothes (theirs and mine) and I've also cleaned out plenty of junk from the kitchen drawers. On top of that, I've been through my pile of cardboard boxes and passed on what I can to kinder, where it will be used in arts and crafts.

Yes there's still work to be done, but I can feel the difference around me already. Every room I enter looks a little less overrun by stuff, and I notice that and feel better. Happy days.


I'm gearing up for no buys

You may remember that I did makeup and skincare no buys for the first half of last year. Well, I've decided to do them again: I'll start them both in December and let them run until the first of June (my birthday month), before deciding whether to return to them or at least go on low buys after my birthday month is over.

While some may view no buys as a bad thing, I'm looking forward to mine. I know I can do six months without issue and I know I have enough stuff to keep me going until then, plus no buys tend to help make me feel a bit more in control of things.

Also, I recently acquired a Priceline skincare bag - so I have too much stuff in the cupboard again and I'm looking forward to getting through some of it. Yay.


Most of the Christmas shopping is done

Every year, I try to do my Christmas shopping in October. For some reason that's a good time to do it, and there are more sales on in October than you might think. Doing Christmas shopping in October also means less crowds, and I don't intend to buy presents in December ever again. It's all too crazy.

So I've done the shopping for our family's Christmas draw and that stuff is now wrapped and ready to go. I've also got my husband and a few friends sorted, plus some baby gifts because two of our closest friends are due in January.

All that's left is to finish off my kids' Santa presents, and we're going to do that at the op shop this weekend - so we'll soon be able to draw a line under that too.

The other good thing about getting the presents bought and wrapped is that it will make a dent in all the wrapping paper and pretty boxes I keep for reusing. More decluttering. Double yay.


I'm winding up Project Pan shortly

While initially I thought I would take Project Pan to the end of the year, I've now decided to wind it up on around December 10 (give or take), so there's not long to go and I'm really looking forward to closing the project down for the year.

Yes I've enjoyed it and yes it has helped me get through plenty of stuff, but I'm ready for some free time before kicking off my 2019 panning projects, and that free time will be in December.

I think what I'll do is wait until I've finished a couple of products that I know I can finish before the end of the year, and once that's done, it's time to wind it up, have a break and then start 2019 with a fresh list of products to pan. Looking forward.


We have some Christmas catch-ups planned

Quite a few of my friends live overseas these days (they used to live in Melbourne but migrated), which means that the only time I get to see them now is at Christmas when they fly down to spend some time with their families each year.

While it's bad that I can't see them throughout the year, it's also true that many of us have young kids and I'm not sure how often we'd be seeing them each year anyway (I've found that we tend to see a lot of the other parents who live locally, but not so much of the ones who live on the other side of town). But Christmas is a time when everyone's in the same spot, and I can't wait to see everyone!

It will also be nice to introduce my kids to their kids again, and hopefully watch them all play together. Fun times. Many of these people are the ones I went to school with and grew up with, so it's a pretty cool thing that we're now watching our kids play together. Looking forward.


In sum

That's all from me. It wasn't a long post today but I'm ok with that: there's plenty to do at home and I also have a foundation review that I'm hoping to get done this arvo (after I've sorted out the photos; who knows how long that will take!).

Do let me know in the comments what your positives are this month: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.