November 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
The traffic noise appears to be getting worse in our area and I reckon we need to do more about noise-buffering because I'm having even more trouble sleeping than usual these days. Yes we have noise-reduction measures in place, but they're just not cutting the mustard.

Anyhoo. That's a round-a-bout way of telling you that I'm too tired for review posts this morning so let's instead look at monthly favourites, since I've been writing them at around this time of the month anyway.

In no particular order...


Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Scandalust

I haven't reviewed this yet but I'm planning to over the next few days. In any event, I've already reviewed four of these septets (see eg Edgitorial) and the formula is largely the same across all of them so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to say about this one.

I've been using it as part of Project Dent for the last couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying it. The shadows blend and apply beautifully, they last well on my eyelids and I love working with them. This palette in Scandalust isn't quite a stand-alone palette for me (it's too warm and I need at least one cooler mid-toned matte when I use it), but I still love it and I'm so glad I bought it.


Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Full review here. I love this hand cream and I absolutely recommend it. Indeed, of all the products I tried from the Origins set I used recently, it's the one I'm most likely to buy - especially because it's reasonably priced for the amount of product you receive.

It has a sweet and green, garden-like scent, and it's quite thick and rich so it mightn't be for those who don't like heavier products - but for my dry skin, it's perfect.

I love that it absorbs well and also does a fantastic job of bringing some relief to my dry skin. Plus it's not too greasy and it's a pleasure to use because it feels so nourishing without weighing my skin down. It's on the wishlist!


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Liquid) in Champagne Pop

These liquid highlighters are my favourites and I've loved every single one I've owned (this is my third one). I've reviewed this shade here.

What I love about this formula is that it looks so natural on the skin, and it works well for spot-highlighting, on its own, as a glowy primer and also mixed in with my foundation. Indeed, it's an incredibly versatile product and I always have some kind of use for these.

I love the colour of Champagne Pop and this liquid version works better for me than my pressed Champagne Pop because it doesn't emphasise texture. I also think these highlighters are good value because you get a lot of product and they last for ages. They're my HG liquid highlighters for a reason.


Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Coconut Perfecting Primer

Full review here. This product isn't one I would buy again because I don't think it does anything special for my skin (so it's not worth the price-tag, in my opinion), but I had to give it a mention this month because I've been enjoying using it so much.

What I love about it is that it's lightweight and it feels very smooth and silky on the skin, and it's hydrating without being heavy so it's a good product for summer because it doesn't clog pores. It also has a smoothing effect, and it makes a good base for makeup: my foundation always goes on beautifully over the top of it. So while I wouldn't buy it again, I'm glad I own it and I'll enjoy it while it lasts.


BareMinerals Bare Haven Essential Moisturising Soft Cream

This is one of those products that I haven't really noticed using because it doesn't stand out in any massive way - except that I used my last application this morning and I was sad about that because I suddenly realised how much I've been enjoying it and how much I'll miss it. I've reviewed it here.

What I like about this is that it's a simple, fuss-free moisturiser that does exactly what it's meant to do: that is, hydrate my skin. It's lightweight enough that it doesn't weigh my skin down (so it's great for summer), but it's still nourishing enough that it keeps my dry skin feeling comfortable all day long. Plus it's not the most expensive cream compared to many of Mecca's other offerings, so it's one to consider if you're after a decent moisturiser that works.

In sum

Them's my favourites for the month. It was a bit of an odd month for favourites for me because some of these products aren't necessarily ones that I would buy again, but I still enjoy using them so that's why they've had a mention.

Do let me know in the comments what your favourites are this month: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.