2019 skincare no buy

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my 2019 skincare no buy!

As you may know, I just introduced my makeup no buy for 2019 (see here) and I wanted to quickly introduce my no buy for skincare too.

I'm doing these again because I've managed to accrue a few too many things again, and the skincare back-up cupboard in particular is looking overloaded so it's time to reign things in and work on using what I have.


The other reason I'm doing this is because I've been doing skincare inventories for a while now, and although I'd managed to get my numbers right down during 2018, I've somehow managed to go a little nuts again.

Sure, a lot of what's in the cupboard is from the two Priceline skincare GWP gift bags I acquired this year, but that still represents stuff that needs to be used so I want to stop the flow of new products and really cut through the amount of skincare I own.


And with last time, I have some rules. Here they are:

  • I'm doing my skincare no buy for six months, until the beginning of June 2019. June's my birthday month so I'll let myself buy a few things then, before potentially reinstating the no buy for the rest of the year.
  • I'm allowed to buy anything essential I run out of during that time (eg I can see myself running out of facial sunscreen), but nothing else. As with last time, I'll report each month and let you know if I've had to make any essential purchases for the month.
  • Gift cards don't count, and if I need to spend a couple of extra dollars to buy something I need/want with a gift card or Priceline voucher (we get those quarterly in Australia), that's ok. Better to spend a few extra bucks to buy something I need/want, as opposed to buying something just because it's the same price as the gift card or voucher!
  • This only relates to facial skincare, so body care, hand care and foot care doesn't count: I don't have a lot of those things (same goes with haircare), so it's only the facial skincare spending that needs to be reigned in.


In sum

Wish me luck!

I'm looking forward to having a six-month dry patch for skincare and seeing how much I can get through during that time. Thankfully a lot of the stuff I have is smaller travel-sized items so some of it will be easy enough to finish, although I do have plenty of larger items to get through too.

I'll not only be giving you monthly updates during this time, but I'll also be bringing you quarterly inventory updates so we can track how I'm going with numbers throughout the year.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


*All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.