Project Pan 2018 mini update #42

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Pan mini update for the year!

It's been a pretty good couple of weeks for empties, I must say - and I'm on track to wind up the project on 10 December 2018. 

Indeed, I may wind it up earlier than that if I get through enough stuff in the next week or two. We'll see.

Here's what I've finished:


Above is The Ordinary's High-Adherence Silicone Primer (reviewed here). I didn't think much of this primer because it didn't really add anything to my routine, so it was a wasted step for me and I'm glad I've finished it.

You'll see that there's only one marker, so I was able to get through it quickly. I did this by applying it not only to my face, but also over my neck and dec to dull down the greasy look left by my sunscreen (so my skin looked the same everywhere). I didn't mind 'overusing' it like this because it was so cheap anyway, plus it served a purpose when used in that way.

In any event, I'm glad it's gone.


My next empty is Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder for Under-Eyes (reviewed here). 

While I can see why people like this because it's incredibly finely milled and it does have a brightening effect, what bugs me about it is that it's loaded with micro glitter - and it's visible glitter, which certainly isn't something I want on my under-eyes. My golly.

I panned this by using it all over the face as a setting powder on days when I wasn't leaving the house, and on days when I was going out, I used it on my neck and dec to dull down the greasy look that my sunscreen had left behind so that the finish on that area looked closer to the finish on my face.

I'm glad this is gone, too.


I've decided to choose one replacement for now, being my Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer (reviewed here).

I've picked it because I want to make a bit of progress on it before I shut down Project Pan for the year, and also because I want to get myself into the habit of using it more often since it's over twelve months old now and it's time to start getting through it.

While I do like it, it's not a keeper for me because it doesn't do anything particularly amazing for me, and it's also a better primer for summer because it's a little hydrating (in a lightweight kind of way) but not so nourishing that it suits my dry skin in winter. I do enjoy using it, though, so I'm looking forward to panning it.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.