Project Dent 2018: Australis Banana Powder

/
1 Comments

Hello and welcome to another round of Project Dent for 2018.

While I would normally only have two rounds running at a time, I've decided to introduce a third round for reasons I'll go into below.

I bought this product when I saw it for half-price at Priceline because I've wanted to try a banana powder for ages, it's just that I'd been avoiding introducing more steps into my makeup routine. Still, the kids are a little older now so I have a tiny bit more spare time now than I did one year ago.


Why am I introducing this item to Project Dent now? I'm so glad you asked ; )

What happened was this: 

Becca's Sweet Pea (currently on my Project Pan list) hasn't been making an ideal bronzer shade, so I've been running my brush across a few pans to get a colour that works. Then two things happened: first, a couple of larger chunks of Sweet Pea fell out when I was using it (perhaps it was damaged during the de-potting process); and second, one of my Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadows - being a deep purple - suffered the same fate only two days later.

What I did then was crush everything up, mix it, realise the mix was far too purple and what better to tone down a purple than a yellow (those who know about colour theory will understand what I mean). So I scraped out some of this banana powder and also added some of Becca's Champagne Pop for some extra yellow and also some glow.

I now have the perfect bronzer mix, and in fact I'm intending to recreate it once I've wound up Project Pan 2018. I plan to then add my new, re-pressed bronzer into one of my panning challenges for 2019.

Moving on!


There's the product today, 22 November 2018:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


So my aim as always will be to make as much visible progress as possible over the denting period, and I'll do that by focusing on expanding the pan that's already showing from the product I removed.

I also plan to review it during this time, which is kind of essential because I plan to do some crushing, mixing and re-pressing very soon - while still retaining some product to use under the eyes (that product will also likely be included in one of my panning challenges next year).

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

1 comment:

Laghari Bedi said...

Thanks for sharing this informative information about Banana Powder with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.