Project Pan 2016 mini update #31

/
0 Comments

Hooray hooray it's the last month of this year-long Project Pan! It's been a good year for finishing products and I've enjoyed watching others in the beauty community as they've made good use of the items they own and kept us up-to-date with their progress. It's always good to watch people committing to using what they have, rather than loading their stores with more stuff.

Anyhoo. Yesterday I finished off the above Estee Lauder perfume, and I managed to knock the Lust Have It highlighter off my bathroom sink so the small ring remaining shattered all over the floor. I was able to salvage a few pieces and I've mixed those in with a body cream, and while it's never nice to lose a product before finishing it, I was so close to finishing it anyway that I can live with it.

There are my empties:


I wouldn't buy either of these and I'm glad that they've gone. I'm especially glad that I've finished a highlighter: if you saw my recent makeup inventory post (see here), I discovered that I'd somehow managed to accrue sixteen full-sized highlighters (WTF?!) so I need to work on moving some out of my collection.

With that in mind, this is the product I'm replacing my empties with:


This Mirenesse Marble Mineral Blush in Marenka Mink is the oldest highlighter I own and indeed I'd forgotten about it because it was stashed away in a drawer. I do keep all my makeup out on shelves so I can see everything (thus avoiding the 'I forgot about that one' problem), but this one had slipped through the cracks because I don't use it and have much better highlighters to reach for.

If you read this blog, you may know that I don't support Mirenesse because I had so many issues with their customer service and I also think their advertising practices warrant examination. Due to this, I've opted not to review Mirenesse products on this blog, so I won't review this item but perhaps it's enough to note that I'm planning to pan it by using it on my body, which says enough in itself. 


There's a ridiculously large 12g of product in this pan, so I've certainly got my work cut out for me - but it's also not super pigmented so I'll be able to chuck quite a lot on over summer to give myself a good head-start, with a view to finishing it by the end of 2017.

I'll be using this on my collarbones, shoulders and perhaps even down my shins. If that's not getting me far enough, eventually I'll crush it up and add it to a body cream, but to start with I'll see how far I can get without doing that.

Wish me luck! I'm looking forward to moving one more highlighter out of my collection, and in 2017 I may well decide to pan another one (this time for use on the face), just to reduce my highlighter stash by one more.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.