June 2017 empties #3

/
1 Comments

Hello and welcome to my third empties post for the month. It's been a good month for empties for me, and indeed I even had to hold-over a bundle of items because I had too many for this post.

Since I'm buried in work at the moment, what I've decided to do with this post is throw in all my recent Project Pan empties, which will make the whole thing a bit shorter - but hopefully it will still be useful for anyone who loves reading empties posts as much as I do.

Let's have a look.


Tocca Stella EDP


I haven't reviewed this because I don't review perfumes on this blog (they're so personal and we all like such different things), but I can say that this was a good fragrance that lasted me a long time (over two years) without losing potency.

It's an orange fragrance so if you don't like orange, don't bother, but unlike some of the other Tocca scents I've tried, this one has great longevity. The only thing I'll say is that I probably should have bought a smaller bottle of this: while I do like it, I got bored of it after a while (it's not that complex and I don't always want to smell like orange), so it's not a keeper for me and I'm happy to move on to something else. Purchase? No.

Rituals Hammam Delight Foaming Shower Gel

Full review here. If you read this blog, you'll know that I'm obsessed with these Rituals shower foams - they're the best body washes I've tried. Honestly, they're just gorgeous. The foam they produce is so rich and velvety, that it feels like a treat whenever I use one.

This one smells of rosemary and eucalyptus so it's super refreshing and a good one to wake up to, and while I did enjoy it, it's not my favourite in Rituals' line (I love the Sakura fragrance best) so I probably wouldn't repurchase this particular scent. Repurchase? Already have, in another fragrance.


Project Pan empties:

  • Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask: I loved this. It's one of my two favourite PTR masks (the other one I love is the famous pumpkin one) and it did such a good job of managing dry winter skin. I'm sad to be through it but it's not my HG hydrator (it's close!) so I don't mind moving on to something else. Full review here.
  • Tocca Cleopatra EDP: This is a lovely, complex scent but the lasting power is complete rubbish so I'm really glad I only got the small one. Still, it's one of Tocca's bestsellers so it's definitely one to sniff next time you're in Mecca.
  • Mauli Grow Strong Hair Oil: I didn't review this because I didn't like it on the hair so I ended up using it on my dry feet. It worked beautifully for that, I must say! Not one I'd recommend because I couldn't find a good use for it on the hair, but at least it didn't go to waste.

So that's a no to repurchasing these three products.


  • Inika Eyeliner in Black Caviar: I've reviewed this here. It was a good eyeliner that held up well on the waterline and it lasted me ages, but towards the end it had passed expiry so it started irritating my eyes and I switched to using it as a pencil for shopping lists. I don't wear black eyeliner (I prefer brown) so I'm glad this one's done.
  • OFRA Lip Liner in Wine: I didn't like this. Yes it's true that I don't wear lip liner (unless I'm forcing myself to use one up), but this one started out hard and drying on my lips and it got worse at the end so instead I decided to use this as a standard pencil, too. Better that than flaking lips! I've reviewed it here.
  • Frank Body Lip Scrub: Full review here. I hated, hated this product. It was so damn awful as a lip scrub (super waxy and greasy and almost impossible to remove) so I used it up as a foot scrub. It was just as bad for that purpose and in hindsight I should have decluttered it, but at least it's gone now!


  • Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 03 Nude Shimmer: Full review here. This must be my third or fourth one of these and I still don't like them as much as everyone else seems to. Sure they're fine as a gloss, but they're not particularly plumping on me and they also dry my lips out.
  • Sportsgirl Lipstick in Onyx: I love these lipsticks and they're some of the better budget lipsticks I've used. This one in Onyx was a great, black-based purple and I absolutely loved the colour. Mind you, it wasn't for everyday wear so I wouldn't have finished it without panning it. Full review here.
  • Too Faced Hangover Primer: Full review here. I didn't hate this but it was still a disappointing product for me because it didn't nourish my skin as much as it seems to do for others. Yes it felt replenishing when applied but it didn't offer my skin any hydration and in fact my face felt dry underneath it unless I went in with eg a good oil first. It was fine as a makeup base but nothing to write home about. 

That's a no to repurchasing these but I would and have already bought another Sportsgirl lipstick.



  • Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar: Full review here. This wasn't awful but it wasn't great either. It wasn't hydrating, it didn't plump lip lines and it also didn't offer much colour (or gloss) so for me it wasn't a useful product and I'm glad I've finished it.
  • Maybelline Baby Skin Primer: I wasn't a fan of this. It seems to be one of those polarising products that you either love or that does nothing for you. It didn't do much for me. I'd hoped for a bit of pore-plugging action but it didn't do that well once I added my base over it, plus it was greasy so I didn't enjoy the texture. Full review here.

That's a no to repurchasing these.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you found this little post useful: I always think empties posts are the best way to learn what someone really thinks of a product.

My favourites in this lot are the Rituals shower foam, the PTR mask and the Sportsgirl lipstick. Everything else I can do without.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

1 comment:

Sameera Rao said...

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask is a soothing skincare essential. Packed with botanical extracts, it hydrates and calms the skin, reducing redness and leaving a refreshed, revitalized complexion opi nail polish price in pakistan
human hair extensions price in pakistan

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.