June 2017 favourites

/
0 Comments
Hello and welcome to my monthly favourites post! I always love writing these posts: it reminds me of just how many great products I have in my collection. 

I also love reading these posts to get some ideas for products that might be worth trying in future.

As usual, it wasn't hard to pick out my top five products this month (although note we have a tie for one), and the below items have knocked most other products out of the proverbial park.

In no particular order...


Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Serum

I love this stuff. My skin hasn't looked this good for ages, and I know this product is responsible because it's the only thing I've changed and I can see its effects as soon as I apply it. Indeed, the difference is so marked that others have commented on my skin. That's saying something! I've reviewed it here.

It's a fluid serum that comes in a beautiful, weighty bottle: the product just feels special, but better still, the results it offers are special too. Not only does it spread and absorb well, but it also has a brightening effect so it boosts radiance. On top of that, it plumps fine lines and wrinkles so it makes my skin look smoother, and it has an effect on how firm and toned my face feels too. 

This is one of the few serums I've given an HG tag, and I don't ever want to finish my bottle. Unbeatable.


Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Sunkissed

Full review here. I own both these bronzers (the other shade is in Bronzed) and while I don't think they're the most amazing bronzers on the market, this one warrants a mention because it may just be my favourite nude blush of all time. As someone who owns too many nude blushes, that's saying something.

It's finely milled, beautifully silky, and it applies and blends nicely. Note that you'll need to set your liquid foundation when you use this, however, or you might run into problems with patchy application.

The one thing I don't like about both these bronzers is that they're not quite pigmented enough. While I prefer less pigment in bronzers and blushes because then I'm less likely to make mistakes, I don't like it when the pigment is so low that they don't translate well on the eye unless you pack them on (which ages me dreadfully).

So yes, this favourite is more about the colour of this product: I love it.


Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Gel Cream and Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser

These two bases won top spot in my 2016 yearly favourites, and I have to mention them both this month because I've used them heaps, courtesy of Project Pan.

The Bare Minerals base is my favourite everyday product and I consider the Nars tinted moisturiser to be my 'foundation' because it offers more coverage than I would typically use for a day look, so I tend to reach for that when I'm going out.

What I love about the Bare Minerals product is that it's hydrating and gives a natural finish on the skin, so it's great for no-makeup days or when you don't want to look overdone. 

As for the Nars tinted moisturiser (reviewed here), I love that it's lightweight and sheer but still buildable so you can increase your coverage if you want (which is how I generally use it). 

Both these products are HGs for me and I love them equally. I couldn't pick between them if I tried, and I've used them the same amount this month so I couldn't mention one without the other. 


Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream

This is a good cream. It doesn't perform backflips and it's not an HG product, but it's a great, everyday moisturiser for my dry skin and I'm really enjoying it. I've reviewed it here.

What I love about this is that it absorbs beautifully and I can immediately feel it hydrating my dry skin whenever I apply it. Doesn't matter how dry my skin feels or how dehydrated it is, this product targets any discomfort without weighing my skin down or feeling too greasy. Yes it does leave a slight residue, but I don't mind that and it's certainly not the worst after-feel I've come across.

It also has a smoothing effect (so ticks to the name) and the full size isn't badly priced because you get a whopping 100ml. A good, basic moisturiser that should suit most skin types.


Becca Backlight Priming Filter

As you may know, I recently had two primers on my Project Pan list - until a week or so ago when I finished them off. I was so excited about having the opportunity to wear whatever primer I wanted to after that, and you know what? All I wanted to do was use this one. I can't put it down.

I didn't give this primer an HG tag when I reviewed it (see here) but I'm starting to think that I should have because it's just gorgeous and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it. It's lightweight, feels so nourishing on the skin and offers a beautiful glow. It smells very faintly of coconut too. Yum.

Starting to think I can't live without this one! How I've missed it.

In sum

I'm super excited about this list of favourites and we're probably looking at a list of items that will always have a place in my collection - which is saying something because I own and try so much that it's rare for anything to really 'settle in'.

That's all from me! Do let me know what you've been loving this month: I'd love to hear x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.