Project Dent 2017: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

/
0 Comments

Finally, I sit down to blog today. It's been a rough couple of weeks and I've been overloaded with work, but I think I've just about finished the last of it (fingers crossed).

The problem with having this amount of work on is that I'm behind on my posting: so this post was meant to go up a few days ago, I'm yet to photograph my latest offering from The Parcel and I haven't even thought about photographing my products for Pan that Palette or Project Pan. 

Bear with me, I'll get there. First up is my next item for Project Dent: my Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette.


As you may know, I don't have a lot of eyeshadow palettes - this is because I have hooded eyes so there's not much I can do with them if I want to look my best (no elaborate, colourful eye looks for me). I tend to bring the focus away from my eyes so I have more blushes than I do eyeshadows.

I bought this palette after it came back (first it was limited edition, then it wasn't - I got it when it wasn't). I tossed it up for ages, then decided I might as well go ahead because I only had four eyeshadow palettes at that time, including another nine-pan one from Too Faced that I really liked. Gosh I must Project Dent that one too... Perhaps next.


Anyhoo. Long story short, I haven't used this enough to form a complete opinion on it. I know I don't mind it but I also know that it's not my favourite palette, and if I want to use warm eyeshadows these days, I tend to reach for the ABH Modern Renaissance (who doesn't).

I also know that I prefer the Too Faced Natural Matte Palette, not only because it's more useful but also because I think the formula is more consistent overall. Also, the colours in this are too warm so they can travel into 'allergic reaction/I look sick' territory all too easily, and I don't feel this is a stand-alone palette because I always need to reach for a cool brown, lavender or taupe to pull back the warmth of it. Otherwise it's not a great look on me.

I'm rambling. The best thing about this palette is the shade Bananas. I love it. It's unique - a hard thing to achieve for a gold - and I almost, almost think the whole palette was worth it just for that shade.

Moving on. Here's how my palette looks as of today, 30 June (my birthday, believe it or not!):


There's the same shot, enhanced for clarity:


So as usual what I'll do now is use this palette every day for at least the next two weeks and see how far I can get in terms of progress.

During that time, I'll also review it.

And gosh, mentioning my birthday reminds me that I have completely forgotten about my blog's anniversary (that happened on 20 June), so expect some upcoming blogversary posts from me!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.