The big declutter 2017: declutter round #4

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next little declutter post for 2017.

I've been meaning to do one of these for a while but I held off because I wanted to try out some of the items I received in my Priceline goodies bag, to work out which ones I wanted to keep and which ones I didn't. While I have opened and tested some, I decided not to open them all so there may well be things like lipsticks that I'll pass on in future - but for now this post will do.

Let's have a look.


First up, a few items that came from recent Maslow & Co boxes. I do keep the vast majority of things I receive from Maslow, but occasionally I'll receive something that I don't love or won't use - so I like to pass them on straight away to better homes.

Baby Foot 

These little booties are like a chemical peel for your feet. They contain seventeen natural extracts designed to break down and gently remove the layer of dead skin on the surface of your tootsies. I've heard they work really well but I've decided not to keep mine for two reasons:

First, it's hard for me to find the time to keep something like this on for one hour (I have young kids) and I don't fancy dealing with the 'fall out' after use because that takes extra time too.

Second, without going into gory details, I had issues with my big toenails during both my pregnancies when my immune system was low (let's just say that the old nails have gone and new ones are in the process of arriving), and I don't want to do anything that might upset the process because I've had to keep watching them for signs of inflamed skin. It's just not worth it.

We caught up with some friends yesterday and they were happy to take these, so they've already found a better home.


Luma Illuminating Highlighter in Rose Gold

I've done a swatches and first impressions post of this product (see here) and while I do really like it, it's a cream highlighter and I already know that I'll never reach for it so I would rather pass it on while it's still well within expiry.

Happily this product also found a good home yesterday so it will definitely get some good use.

D.J.V Miray Fiberwig Mascara 

It's rare that I'll declutter a mascara because you should only be using them for three months anyway, but in this case I wanted to because I really didn't like the product. It did nothing for my lashes and it also clumped when I tried to build it so it called for an eyelash comb, and I can't be bothered with that extra step. Full review here.

I'm seeing a friend today who works for a women's shelter so I'll see if she'll take it (it's only been open for three weeks). Yes it's true that you should never share mascaras, but I'll leave that decision to her. 


Australis High Life Illuminating Strobe Powder in Glimmer

I've done a swatches and first impressions post of this product too (see here). I didn't love it because it looked frosty on me and emphasised texture, plus it was a super dry powder and it looked that way on my dry skin.

It may however be a better product for someone who's paler than me and doesn't have textural issues, so I'll send it to the women's shelter today too.

Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner

This came from The Parcel. It should mattify, refine and smooth the skin's texture. Thanks to a natural astringent action, dilated pores are tightened. Skin is left shine-free and more radiant. Its powdery finish makes it an excellent makeup base.

I tried this three times before sending it to the declutter pile. Yes it mattifies but I don't think it tightens pores (it does blur the look of them a bit, though), and it's also really drying on me - which you'd expect, given that it's not designed for my skin-type.

I may actually pass this one on to my sister, who has oily/combination skin.


Nars Pore & Shine Control Primer 

This came in one of our Mecca Beauty Loop boxes (unboxed here). It's apparently a 'must have' for shine-prone complexions: it's meant to be lightweight and mattifying, while also targeting open pores.

It felt powdery on me and it also balled up if I used a hair too much. Yes it reduced shine (not what I want for my dry skin!), but I don't think it did a great job of diminishing the look of pores. Also, my face shrivelled like an old prune when I added foundation over this, so I only used it once before sending it to the declutter pile.

This is another product that might work better for my sister so I'll give it to her.

In sum

That's all from me!

I always feel better after a declutter post and this one in particular because I know I'll be doing a makeup inventory shortly, so at least I've removed a few more products from my collection and they won't be included in my tally. Plus it always feels good to donate things to people who need them more than I do, so it's a win-win : )

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.