Project Dent 2017: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Opal

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent!

I've decided to focus on my Becca highlighter in Opal, for no other reason than that I'd already taken the photos and it's been such bizarre rainy/sunny/rainy/sunny weather in Melbourne this past week so I haven't been able to take any new photos.

Anyhoo! From memory this was the third highlighter I ever bought, after Mary-Lou and Cindy-Lou from theBalm - so I've owned it for almost three years now and it's high time I bought it into more frequent circulation so I can finally review it.


While I've used this highlighter a lot - especially when I first bought it - it doesn't look like I have because it's so pigmented that I barely touch my brush into the pan when I use it, and I also haven't focused my brush on any particular area so there's no dent in the surface.

I would like to change that.


If you read this blog you may remember that I recently used Becca's Champagne Pop in Project Dent. My update post is here if you're interested.

I also reviewed Champagne Pop not long ago: see here if you're interested.


While I think Champagne Pop is a prettier colour, Opal is more suited to my skintone because it looks more natural. I especially love it on the eyes.

And while I do like Becca's formula in terms of texture - plus Becca also does great colours for highlighters - the formula isn't my favourite because it can emphasise texture. That's why I don't use either Champagne Pop or Opal as much as my other highlighters.


So, over the next two weeks I'll use Opal each day and see if I can't make a dent in it. What I'll do is focus my brush on the centre of the pan (which I haven't done previously), and see if I can't make it look a little more loved.

I will also finally review it in the coming weeks: it's high time I did!

Here's how it looks as of today, 6 September 2017:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


As you can see, this highlighter may as well be brand new. The only way I can tell it's been used is because most of the original print is now gone from the surface (you can see a bit hanging on around the upper left side).

Wish me luck! We won't see much progress over the denting period, but we should see some.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.