Project Dent 2017 update: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Opal

/
0 Comments

Well, it's time for another Project Dent update and I'm happy about that because I'm ready to move on from this product. 

Over the last month I first dented Champagne Pop and then Opal, which is a long time to be using Becca highlighters every day.


What I discovered over the last month is that I do prefer both shades on the eyes. 

While Champagne Pop especially is a gorgeous, sunny colour, I need to be careful with both Champagne Pop and Opal because they're so pigmented that I can't just dip my brush in and run, plus they do emphasise texture on my face so I don't reach for them often these days.


I mentioned earlier that I was thinking of depotting these, and I think I'll do that. I wouldn't mind putting them into a self-made palette along with my four Becca blushes and my Becca eyeshadows, because I think I'll use them more when they're all together.

Only problem is, I'll need another self-made palette in order to do this - either that or I'll need to start panning other powders next year. We'll see.


My review of Opal is here if you're interested. It's a great colour and it's one of my favourite inner corner highlights, but my Hourglass highlighters are the ones I grab when I want to look my best because they're not too pigmented and they don't emphasise texture.

My Project Dent intro post is here if you'd like to see that.


Let's get down to business.

Here's how Opal looked two weeks ago, when I introduced it to Project Dent:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


And here's how it's looking now, after two weeks of daily use:


Same shot, enhanced:


As you can see, there's very little progress to speak of. While I now have a very slight dip happening in the centre of the pan, it doesn't look like much and it also looks smaller in the above photos than it does in real life.

What has always surprised me about these highlighters is just how big they are, given how pigmented they are and how little you use each time. I understand bronzers and setting powders being this size because you actually get through them, but highlighters? No. It's just too much product. That's what I think, anyway.

While I'm glad that I've now dented both Champagne Pop and Opal, I'm ready to move on to something else. I need a break from panning highlighters, but I'm also currently denting my Hourglass Surreal Light Palette so I'll need to finish doing that before introducing my next product.

Anyhoo. That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.