The big declutter 2017: fun new samples to try #3

/
0 Comments

I'm really pleased to be writing this post today: reason being, over winter I managed to go slightly bonkers with skincare purchases so not only do I have too many products in my back-up cupboard, but I've also managed to drown myself in GWPs.

While I'm not too worried about the overflow because I'll certainly get through everything, I'm also aware that I need to stick my head down and start using things before buying more - otherwise the situation will start getting ridiculous.

So here we are today with another round of deluxe samples. I would like to get through these within the next few weeks and I may well attack another pile before Christmas, leaving myself with just one more round that I can use whenever we next go on holiday.

Let's have a look.


La Mav Gradual Tanning Moisturiser in Medium

This came as a GWP along with an Adore Beauty order, and I was pleased to receive it because I'm running low on facial tanner so it's almost time to buy another one.

This one is apparently a nourishing blend of argan oil, macadamia oil, camellia oil, cranberry extract and green tea extract, and it should hydrate skin while building a bronze glow. It also contains aloe vera leaf juice and vitamin e to improve skin elasticity and texture for a streak-free tan that lasts.

The full size costs $39.95 AUD but you do get a whopping 200ml of product, so it's reasonable value and I'll be interested to see how it fares.

Glamglow Glowstarted Mega Illuminating Moisturiser in Nude Glow

This came in our last Mecca Beauty Loop box (unboxed here), and it's described as a nutrient-loaded, light-reflective moisturising cream that replenishes moisture, blurs imperfections and imparts a beautiful glow with a hint of tint.

Looks like this operates as a kind of hybrid moisturiser and primer, and I don't mind a multipurpose product so hopefully I like it. Mind you, the full size costs $71 AUD and I don't normally spend that much on a moisturiser (serums yes, moisturisers no) so it probably won't be one that I'll buy.


Kevyn Murphy Plumping Wash and Plumping Rinse

These also came from Adore Beauty and while I'm happy to try them, the full sizes cost over $40 AUD each so they're not products I would buy because I tend to go budget with my haircare and save my pennies for facial skincare.

Both products are designed to strengthen fine and thinning hair. Apparently they use an exclusive formula of eyelash thickening technology and a complex combination of tripeptides, plant extracts and oleanolic acid. They should promote lengthening of the growing phase of the hair for longer periods and give you thicker, fuller hair.

I'll certainly use these on my frizzy, wavy hair and let you know how I go. I do look like I have thick hair because it's so textured, but I don't have a heap of strands so hopefully these will do something for me. We'll see.


Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

I absolutely love this product so I'm more than happy to go through another sample. I've reviewed it here.

What I love about it is that it's one of the few products I've used that generally meets all its claims, so it brightens and boosts radiance, firms and tones the skin, and it has an effect on elasticity too. It just makes my face look younger and healthier (to the point that other people notice the difference) and it's certainly one I would consider buying once I'm through the back-log of serums in my stores.

Chantecaille Rice and Geranium Foaming Cleanser

Botanically infused, this luxurious foaming cleanser should remove dirt and impurities while gently buffing, polishing and softening the skin. Rice bran exfoliates, geranium helps stimulate the lymphatic system, and soybean, green tea and lime leaves are antioxidants that protect skin from free-radical damage.

This also came in the Mecca Beauty Loop box linked above and I was looking forward to trying it because I loved the Chantecaille mask we received in an earlier box. While it's only a 7ml sample, I may end up writing a full review because I've already tried it and you need so little each time that even this sample should last for ages.

I would also like to point out now that it has a high pH (between 8 and 9, and my pH strips tell me closer to 9), and I could tell as soon as I used it that it stripped my skin a little so I would be careful of this product: it's not gentle as claimed.


La Roche-Posay Toleraine Ultra Nuit

This is described as an intense, soothing treatment for night use. It should relieve any discomfort for ultra-sensitive or allergic skin, and it's designed to target skin irritations. It's free of nasties and dermatologically tested.

I do like the products I've tried from La Roche-Posay so far and it will be interesting to see how this one goes. My skin isn't super sensitive so I expect that it will be a bit too 'vanilla' for me, but we'll see. Unfortunately the sample is smaller than I first thought (it's only 2ml but the box it comes in makes it look like a 5ml sample): hopefully that's still enough product to test it properly.

Asap Daily Face Cleanser

This is apparently a gentle cleanser that's designed to remove makeup and wash away impurities. It claims to be non-drying and non-clogging, suitable for all skin types and gentle while still being effective. It's also enriched with glycolic acid and white tea.

I'm looking forward to trying this: it sounds right up my alley. Asap is one of those brands that's not really on my radar but I have used quite a few samples from the range already (generally received as GWPS) and some of them have worked well for me so fingers crossed.

In sum

I'm really looking forward to trying these products - especially because I've been using a lot of the same skincare for a while now (to the point where a good deal of it is almost finished), so it will be nice to inject a breath of fresh air into my routine.

It will also be nice to clear out some of these deluxe samples that I seem to be drowning in, and as mentioned above, I do hope to finish more samples before year's end. Wish me luck!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.