Five good things: May 2019

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another monthly positives post!

While I do have review posts that need writing and I'm yet to even photograph my next Project Pan update (which was due a few days ago), I've decided to write a positives post today because I've been sick for a while now, so I'm very tired and it's feeling rather difficult to blog at the moment - meaning I'd rather do an easier post.

Let's get straight into it.


It's election day

Gosh it's time for a change in this country. Our political system has been a joke for a while now (we can't even hang on to a Prime Minister in Australia), and the major parties haven't been doing enough towards climate change - meaning we're behind on things like renewable energy and we really shouldn't be.

But it's election day today and I have a feeling that things are going to shift. Although Australia perhaps isn't quite ready for a big upset that uproots both the major parties, I'm expecting to see not only a change in government, but also a record number of Green votes. Fingers crossed. It's time.


The kids are staying with my parents tonight

We have a 40th to attend tonight so my parents have offered to take both kids overnight. Woot woot! This will be the first time they've had both of them (although they've taken my daughter on her own before), so it's a big night of freedom for us and one that we haven't had since my son was born.

Hopefully both kids will sleep well so my folks won't be too exhausted tomorrow, and also so they'll be happy to take them again hehe. We'll see. I'm sure they'll be fine: the kids are pretty well behaved and they're both good sleepers now, and it's only for 24 hours so it shouldn't be too taxing for the grandparents. Fingers crossed again.


We're picking up some furniture this weekend

I haven't bought furniture for years, and whenever I have bought it, I've gone for op shop stuff or secondhand things from friends and family, so the furniture I do have is all over the place and isn't necessarily stuff I would have chosen for myself.

But my husband was away for a long weekend in Sydney for Mother's Day, and I was given the green light to buy myself something in the Ishka clearance sale. I bought myself two bedside tables that I've had my eye on for years, and I'm super excited because I hate the bedside tables I currently have: they don't look good and they're not that practical either. We're picking up my new furniture this weekend and I'm excited. It'll be nice to have the bedroom looking a little nicer.


We're going out for dinner tonight

Not only do we have a 40th to attend tonight so we'll be able to catch up with lots of people we haven't seen for a while, but we're also using our freedom tonight to go out for dinner on our own beforehand.

We don't often get a chance to do this (if we go out for dinner, it's usually with other people) so it will be nice to try a new restaurant and take our time, without having to worry about getting out before the kids start cracking it or worrying about the babysitters at home. Small things like going out for a quiet meal become so much harder when you have young kids, so it will feel like a luxury.


My spending ban lifts in less than two weeks

As you may know, I'm currently on spending bans for both makeup and skincare - and I have been for almost six months now. While I have had to buy a couple of replacement items during this time (I'm allowed to replace things I don't have back-ups for), I have stuck to my guns and this means that my stores have dwindled significantly so I'm running out of skincare in particular and I do need to buy a couple of items immediately.

It's also my birthday in June and I'm looking forward to investigating what's out there and creating a wishlist. I don't plan on buying a lot, but I will be buying some stuff and I'm excited about it.


In sum

That's all from me. My mum will be here in half an hour to pick up the kids, so best I check that I've got their bags ready for her before she arrives.

After that I'll likely put my feet up for a while to get some rest before dinner and the party, because I do feel pretty exhausted and I need to recharge.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.