Project Dent 2019 update: Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Palette

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Dent update post for the year!

I've now been denting this highlighter palette for two weeks, so it's time to check back in and let you know how much progress I made over the last fortnight.


As you may know, I like this palette but it's not my favourite because I find that these highlighters are so intense they can emphasise texture (unusual for Hourglass) and I also think they look a little dry on my skin, so this is a palette I'm more likely to use on the eyes.

Nevertheless, this palette does work beautifully to finish off an eye look and I go for pale highlighter shades every day when I do my eyeshadow anyway, so I know I'll get plenty of use from it and I've enjoyed playing with it again.

If you're interested, my review of this product is here.


Here's Absolute Strobe Light, as it was two weeks ago:


Today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Today:


It's hard to see much progress on this particular pan because I use it the least of the three shades, but I can see a slight flattening of the product's surface so that's something.

While I do think it's a really pretty colour, I have a warm skintone so I tend to opt for golds and bronzes more than I do pinks - meaning this shade doesn't get much use from me. However I do really enjoy it when I need a cooler highlight shade to complete an eye look.

Next, Pure Strobe Light, as it was two weeks ago:


Today:


Two weeks ago, enhanced for clarity:


Today, enhanced for clarity:


This shade is showing the most progress, which isn't surprising because gold is my favourite colour for facial highlighting (and also for finishing off eye looks), so I've used it a lot over the denting period.

There's a nice little dent in the centre of this pan now, and I do expect it to be the first shade I finish - if in fact I ever do pan this thing!

Last up, Lucent Strobe Light, as it was two weeks ago:


Today:


Enhanced for clarity, two weeks ago:


Today:


You should be able to see that there's now a little dent opening up in (roughly) the centre of this pan, and I've indeed used this shade a lot over the past two weeks as an all-over lid shadow because I really love it for that. It gives a nice wash of shimmer that's not too intense so it doesn't scream makeup, and it's the kind of shimmer that's soft and office-appropriate.

In sum

That's all from me.

It's been a reasonable round of Project Dent and I have made some visible progress on this palette, but there's a long way to go before it starts to look more well-loved. And although I do enjoy it, I'm looking forward to putting it aside now and working on my next items for Project Dent, which I introduced a few days ago.

Anyhoo. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.