Project Dent 2018: Becca custom blush and highlighter palette

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next Project Dent post for the year.

Next up, I've decided to focus on my custom palette of (mostly) Becca products. Running left to right, top to bottom, we have: Bolero, Sweetpea, Wild Honey, Songbird, Opal, Champagne Pop and then Gorgeous Cosmetics' Prism Powder in Summer.

The top four products are all blushes and the bottom three are highlighters.

There they are again (below I've enhanced the above shot for clarity):


As you may know, via Pan that Palette 2018 I'm currently panning a blush palette, an eyeshadow quad and also a custom palette that's full of various powders, so this palette will compete with those and I'll have to find some kind of balance over the next two weeks while I'm denting this.

What I've decided to do, though, is rather than dent two products alongside each other for the next two weeks (two at a time being my goal for most of the year), I'm just going to focus on this alone for that period so I'm not throwing another item into the mix and therefore making matters worse.


I love all the powders in this palette, although the two Becca highlighters aren't my favourites for facial highlighting because they can emphasise texture, which is why I only use them on the eyes these days. And while I love Becca's blush formula, it's not quite as good as the formula from Hourglass or Marc Jacobs - so I don't reach for my Becca blushes as much these days either. 

The Gorgeous Cosmetics highlighter is a winner (especially the colour), but I have been focusing on other things lately so it will be nice to bring this one out again.

Below is the above shot, enhanced:


The fact that I don't use the products in this palette as much these days is the reason why I depotted them all. Every powder in here works beautifully on the eyes, and I can see myself mostly using it for that purpose over the denting period. Indeed, I depotted everything in here for the purpose of using the products together as eyeshadows.

Sure, there may be days over the next two weeks when I use this palette for blush and highlighting - either by mixing it with the Hourglass palette or using it alone - but I can definitely see myself favouring this palette for the eyes so that I can keep making steady progress on the Hourglass.


So, I'll be using these powders for two weeks straight, and my aim over that time is to get some little dents happening in the centre of each pan.

I won't be able to achieve more than this because there's a lot of product in this thing (every powder is full size and some of them aren't showing much use), but it will be nice to spend some focused time with it because I only depotted everything recently and I haven't had the chance to play with it much yet since I've been focusing on other things. 


Wish me luck!

I have a feeling that it's going to be a pretty strange round of Project Dent and I'm not expecting to achieve much over the next couple of weeks, but I am looking forward to getting some more good use out of this palette and also working out how I can use it alongside the products I'm currently panning.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.