If you only try one thing from...(skincare)

/
0 Comments
I did this post for high-end makeup recently (see here) so it made sense to come back and do another one on skincare today.

I won't divide it into high-end and budget this time - I'll do them altogether - for the simple reason that most of the 'high-end' skincare I buy isn't a far cry from standard pharmacy prices in Australia anyway.

The idea behind these posts is to discuss particular brands and my favourite products from those brands, but I can only choose one product and I can only discuss brands that I've tried a lot from. Hopefully that's useful!

So without further ado...

* Image courtesy of activeskin.com

Alpha-H

As with Hourglass' Dim Light, I'm going to get the obvious one out of the way first. If you read this blog, you'll know that Alpha-H is my favourite skincare brand of all time, and I'm sure you've probably heard me rave about Alpha-H's Liquid Gold something chronic. I've reviewed it here.

I love this because it resurfaces, brightens, plumps and refreshes my face like nothing I've tried, and I always look my best when I'm using it. I can say this for sure because I'm having a little break from it at the moment while I'm testing other active ingredients, and although I like many of the items I'm testing, none of them does as much for me as this one.

The other good news about this product is that you can buy the 100ml full size for less than $50 AUD, and since you only apply it a few evenings a week, the bottle lasts for ages so I think it's reasonably priced. Love.
* Image courtesy of simpleskincare.com

Simple

Simple is one of those brands that I've tried a lot from without actively seeking it out. Simple products have often been given to me or wound up in sub boxes, and I've tried a few Simple cleansers, two different versions of wipes, different makeup removers and a couple of body products. 

The only one that's stood out for me so far is this Simple Radiance Brightening Facial Wash (reviewed here), which was one of my great loves of 2017. It's gentle, it smells divine and it cleans well without stripping my skin, and it has this lovely hybrid gel/cream texture that I really enjoy. On top of all that, it's a cheapie!

If you've used Kate Somerville's fabled ExfoliKate Cleanser, there's something about this Simple version that reminds me of that product. I'm not saying they're dupes, but they have a similar texture, they feel similar on the skin and they behave in a similar way. Their scents also aren't that unalike (they're both light and fresh, albeit different), so I would recommend this Simple version if you're on a budget. The only problem is that this particular Simple product isn't easy to find! Do look out for it though: it's great.


* Image courtesy of mecca.com

Ren

It hurt my heart a little bit, having to choose between the Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial (reviewed here) and the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (reviewed here) because I think they're as good as each other, but I went for the Flash Rinse for the simple reason that I think it's more unique.

Why? Because it really does work in one minute. How many masks can you say that about? For this reason it's a great product to throw on in the morning when you're rushing to get ready for work, or if like me you're stuck at home with young children and you barely have time to squeeze in your skincare routine.

It's hard to describe why this product is so good, but it basically does everything it claims to do: it brightens and revitalises, plus it makes your skin look healthier and less tired. Yep, all in one minute. Gold.


* Image courtesy of antipodesnature.com

Antipodes

I thought that choosing an Antipodes product would be harder than it was because I've loved so many things from the brand, but in the end it was very simple. This Antipodes Avocado Pear Night Cream is the item I miss the most out of all the ones I've tried, so that tells me it must be good - and it was also the one I enjoyed using the most.

It feels gorgeous and soothing on the skin, and while it's hydrating enough for my desert-dry face, it's not so heavy that it weighs my skin down and I can use it in summer or winter because it works for me no matter what my skin's doing. Plus it smells divine, but in a natural way. Love.

If you haven't tried this yet, nip into Priceline and whack some of the tester on the back of your hand. Yum.

* Image courtesy of  au.iherb.com

Suki Skincare

Those of you who were once subscribed to Violet Box before it folded may remember this product, the Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser (reviewed here). It's one of the most amazing things I've ever put on my face. I did stock up on it before Violet Box closed down but it hasn't been in my collection for a while now, and gosh I miss it.

Of all the many Suki products I've tried, it's the one I keep thinking about. It smells lemon delicious and it contains soft sugary grains that offer a gentle exfoliation but never feel abrasive on the skin. It's also not that badly priced (you can find the 120ml full size for $40 AUD online) and I've tried plenty of more expensive exfoliants that don't hold a candle to this one.

Just about every Violet Box subscriber loved this product (gosh how we talked about it in various Facelurk groups), and that many of us can't be wrong ; ).



* Image courtesy of beautyheaven.com

La Roche-Posay 

If you read this blog you may have seen this product show up in my yearly favourites, and I can see it being a favourite for years. Forget all those fancy overnight creams I've tried, nothing so far has done the job better than this La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm (reviewed here).

While everyone can use it for things like skin irritations (even if you've eg overdone the acids or peels), with my dry and dehydrated skin, this works as an overnight cream when my skin is feeling drier than usual. The best thing is that it retails for $16 AUD for 40ml, so it has to be one of the cheapest brilliant products that I've ever put on my face.

In sum

I'm going to stop there because I think six products is enough for one post, but I do have some more brands I would like to cover in future, once I've finished testing a few more products. So stay tuned for that if you're interested.

Let me know in the comments which products you would pick above all others from different brands: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.