Mecca Lip Gloss - review and swatches

/
2 Comments

I mentioned in my post earlier today that I've run out of products to review at the moment because I've run out of photos and the weather hasn't been good enough for me to take more.

What this means is that I'm resorting to writing posts that I wasn't sure I was going to write for various reasons, and this is one of those.


The reason why I wasn't sure about writing this post is because this little lip gloss was a gift with purchase when Santa bought me a Mecca gift card last year, and I'm not sure that it's Mecca's normal gloss because it doesn't look the same and I can't find the product online.

This means I can't write my normal post that includes research and product claims/details (since I can't find those), so this review will be limited to my opinion of the product and a quick swatch. Hopefully it will end up being useful to someone if the gloss appears again, but in any event I think it's helpful to review Mecca brand products because it's useful to know whether the in-house range is worth looking at.

I personally think it is, based not only on this gloss but also other products I have sampled from the brand over the past couple of years.

Anyhoo. The review!


As you can see, the gloss is a strawberry-pink colour and it's housed in a sturdy little glass jar. I love the jar and it's one I will keep after I've finished the gloss.


I've swatched it below. You can see that it's sheer and offers only the smallest touch of colour. It doesn't show up on my lips but it might add some colour if you're a paler lass than I am.


Verdict

This is a decent little gloss and I'm glad I received it.

It's always nice to receive a gift with purchase, and especially nice when the gift is good.

This product is a thick gloss that's quite velvety and feels smooth on the lips. It has a light, fruity/sherbety scent that's inoffensive, if a little on the sweet side.

The gloss is hydrating but I wouldn't rely on it as a lip conditioner in winter if your lips are chapped, since it's not really a conditioning product but more of an aesthetic one that adds a bit of moisture when you need it.

I'm using this as my night lip product since it doesn't add colour and I generally prefer glosses that do. I have used it over lipstick to add some hydration if the lipstick is drying, but it does tend to pick up/shift the lipstick when I do this, and I have glosses I prefer for that purpose.

While I do like the tub, I don't like needing to dip my finger in each time I use it - it's messy. I suppose I could use a brush, but I can't be bothered with all that since I spend half my life applying gloss to my dry lips and don't fancy any extra, unnecessary steps when it comes to that process.

The other thing I'll say about it is that I seem to be getting through the little tub remarkably quickly, even though I've only been using it once a day, if that. This means it's not great value because I'll get through it quickly, but I don't mind that in this instance because I didn't pay for it and I have other glosses in stock that I'm looking forward to opening.

In sum, this is a good product but it's not one I would buy. Having said this, the quality is there and it's made me more interested in Mecca branded products.

Decent.




You may also like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lip Products is what every girl desires, our social profiles are totally dedicated for this purpose , do visit hauteher cosmetic tips for women

Shubham Moghe said...

Thank you so much for putting up a wonderful blog post about the wide variety of lip care products

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.