June 2018 empties #1

/
0 Comments

Well, it's my birthday today (30 June) and I haven't done any empties posts this month, so as my birthday present to myself I'm going to try to get at least one of them up today. We'll see how that goes...

Thankfully this first one is loaded with Project Pan empties, so it won't take as long as the other one because I won't need to talk too much about most of the products (I've already talked about them enough via Project Pan), which can only be a good thing since we have a big day planned.

Let's start with the only two non-Project Pan empties in this lot, shall we?!


Sephora Collection Outrageous Curl, Dramatic Volume Mascara

Full review here. This was an excellent mascara and I was sad when I had to turf it. I'd probably used it for close to four months - and I normally throw out mascaras at around the three-month mark, so that tells you something - but by then it had started to get a bit dry so I knew it was time to send it packing.

The key was in the tiny, thin little brush that was a pleasure to use on my hooded eyes. It was easy to control and I never wound up with mascara goo on my hoods when I applied it, plus it gave my short, stubby lashes so much length and volume that it just proved what we all know to be true: fat brushes do not equal fat lashes. Love. Purchase? Yes.

Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss in Naked

I disliked this product so much that I gave it a 'disappointing products' tag, which I so rarely do. I've reviewed it here.

My main issues with it were that it dried my lips out so much that they started flaking, and it also emphasised lip texture something chronic - which is the last thing a lip gloss should be doing, if you ask me. 

It also claimed to plump the lips but it definitely didn't do that for me personally, so it's safe to say that this isn't the gloss for me and I wouldn't buy one. Purchase? No.


Project Pan items

I'll just do bullet points from now on because I've already talked about these products to death via Project Pan and I'd rather keep things short and sweet to avoid boring anyone (including myself).

  • Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: full review here. This was an excellent product and it's one of the few masks I've used that I would repurchase. It exfoliates on three levels and it always left my skin looking fresher, brighter and younger. Can't wait to get another one. Repurchase? Yes.
  • Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed: this was ok but mine was on the dry side so it started cracking and flaking very early on. Thankfully it got a lot better once I re-pressed it and added more binder, but I shouldn't have had to do that with a product that cost this much. Still, it was finely milled and it applied well, so it wasn't all bad. Full review here. Repurchase? No.
  • Mecca Cosmetica Lit From Within Illuminating Drops: I'd meant to review these but lost the remaining product I had so I couldn't do swatches. Foo. Might have to grab myself a sample so I can do that. It was a nice liquid illuminator that did the job but it didn't beat my favourite Becca versions so I wouldn't buy it. 'Nuff said. Purchase? No.


  • Savvy Eyebrow Pencil & Shaping Wax in Light: full review here. This wasn't a bad little product and I wouldn't mind trying it again because it worked well enough and it's a cheapie so it won't break the bank - my issue with it was only that this Light shade was too pale for my brows so I couldn't use it alone. Otherwise no complaints. Purchase? Yes, in a darker colour.
  • Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliner in Blacquer: this was a nice product and I can see why everyone raves about them. Yes they're pigmented and yes they stay put throughout the day. Problem is, this mini dried out and went gooey about halfway through and it wasn't that old, so considering how expensive the full-size is, I'm not sure I'd buy one. Purchase? No.


  • Maybelline Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in 555 Naked Coral: full review here. As you may know, these lipsticks are my favourites (whether budget or high-end) and although I do love these matte versions, the cream ones will always be my number one because I have dry lips so that's my preference. They're comfortable, they last and they look good on. Love. Repurchase? Yes.
  • Chantecaille Just Skin in Nude: a lot of people swear by this product and while I didn't mind it, I definitely don't think it's worth the $108 AUD price-tag (I mean really). I've reviewed it here. Also, while I liked that it wasn't too greasy, it also wasn't dewy enough for me personally and offered more of a powdery finish, which isn't my preference due to my dry skin. Repurchase? No.
  • BareMinerals BareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer in Medium Golden: full review here. This is my HG concealer so I was sad to finish it, but I'd had it for around 18 months and it was starting to separate so I'm glad I panned it when I did. I still own it in a paler shade that's better for me at this time of year, although I've just about finished that one too so I'll need to buy it again soon. It covers well, it's hydrating and it doesn't sit in fine lines. Perfection. Repurchase? Yes.

In sum

Just a quick round of empties this time but I will have another lot coming asap so I can draw a line under my June posts and get ready for a fresh set of everything in July.

My favourite items in this lot were the BareMinerals concealer, the Maybelline lipstick, the Sephora mascara and the Peter Thomas Roth mask. Everything else I can take or leave.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.