Happy fourth birthday to little white truths

/
0 Comments

Well, another year of blogging has gone by (how did that happen?!) and my blog's official birthday is today 20 June. Thankfully I remembered this year: last year I was a couple of weeks late with the blogversary posts. Oops!

So yes, Happy 4th Birthday to little white truths.

As you may know, each year I do a series of blogversary posts to celebrate the passing of another blogging year, and while I don't have particular goals in mind for the kinds of posts I plan to write this year, I generally look at things like blogging resolutions and my favourite brands or even products of the blogging year.


All things considered, I'm glad I've remember the blog's anniversary this week. Over the last two weeks we've had more to deal with than usual: first my son was sent home from childcare with hand, foot and mouth disease, then on the same day he was back at childcare with the requisite medical certificate, I got one of those dreaded calls from kinder saying that my daughter had face-planted and busted her lip (blood everywhere apparently) so I had to rush and get her.

It looked as though she might lose her two front teeth, although they're still there so we should be ok (touch wood) - but of course the poor little thing had lips and gums blown up like balloons for days and we had to be super careful with what we fed her (lots of soup, and no tooth-brushing for a while there!).

That wasn't the end of it - I mean, why would it be?! - and two days later my son was home with a streptococcal infection around his eye area (impetigo, otherwise known as 'school sores') and the beginnings of a secondary infection (conjunctivitis), so there I was administering eye drops, oral antibiotics and a topical ointment (all of which had to be administered a different number of times each day and geez, who has the head for all that 'medical maths'). And of course, kids REALLY love having shit done to their eye areas. Blurgh.

Then there's work blowing up, the usual tax crap I need to do before the EOFY because I'm self-employed and need to log everything myself, the terrors of the long-weekend we just took with the kids that I mentioned in my last blog post...

I'm venting now. Apologies. Rant over. You get the picture.


Anyhoo. The point of all this is to say, as I do every year, that the blog is the one constant through all this madness. It has carried me through two pregnancies, two babies and, now, a toddler who like most toddlers started the terrible twos early, and a threenager who treats me like a toy, a plaything. Such is motherhood.

Not only this, the blog has carried me through selling one house and moving into another with a baby and a belly in tow, through the ups and downs of being a freelancer (you never know if you're going to have a month of no work or a month of work falling on your head from various sources), and also through the usual household shit/admin crap that we all have to deal with.

There's something to be said for a place you can come to that never really changes, but does grow with you if you do the work and trust the process.

That place isn't the house around me: are the kids going to be sick today; is the dishwasher going to take a 'personal day' without notice; or will the dog stuff her leg again and need another surgery?

That place is this blog.

Thank you, little white truths.


I would also like to take this opportunity to thank anyone who reads this blog and/or subscribes to my posts. I appreciate any small visit, I really do, and I hope you've found helpful things here to read along the way. 

As you may have heard me say before, my aim with this blog was to carve out a little corner of the world that wasn't just for me, but was also for anyone who wants somewhere to go where they can tune out from the world for a little while and read about things that, in the grand scheme of things, don't really matter.

Because sometimes as readers, that's exactly what we need.

While my various environmental/recycling/water use posts do matter of course (and I would like to do more of those), makeup and skincare aren't things that put a dot on the map in and of themselves.

What does put a dot on said map, however, is reading about things that bring you pleasure - and if that's makeup and skincare - feeding yourself with those things is just as important as feeding the people around you and society at large with things that make a difference to them.

Hope all's well with you. Lots of love and big hugs to you all, and speak soon x


 *All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.