Happy birthday to me

/
0 Comments

Well, another year has gone by and I'm 38 today, the 30th of June.

My husband brought the kids upstairs this morning with a cake and candles, and it was nice to have the little ones in bed with me - for all of about two seconds of course, until they'd had enough of that and squirmed their way out, full of energy as usual.

We have a nice weekend planned: dinner tonight with friends, dinner tomorrow with family, coffee today with friends/family and also a trip to Mecca at some point to pick up this year's Mecca Beauty Loop birthday gift. I'll be interested to see what it is this year - it's normally pretty good, so I'm hoping for something fun but also useful.


My ideal birthday morning would be to write in peace before playing with my makeup and heading out for the day, but looks like that's not going to happen because apparently toddlers don't realise that Mummy gets to have peace and quiet on her birthday. 

Indeed, already it's been a very loud morning with lots of complaining and zero ability to lie in bed for an extra hour, but you know what? I'm still counting my blessings. I have two beautiful kids, a roof over my head, food in the fridge and fresh water - plus a bunch of makeup and skincare that's coming my way over the next two days.

We're also going to my (current) favourite restaurant tonight and my tax is all but done, plus I'm giving myself a day off washing today because, you know, why not. It's my birthday, after all.

Do note that I have a couple of June empties posts that I want to get out, but I'm not sure how that will go today so they may not be up until tomorrow. We'll see.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.