Project Pan 2018: the tally so far

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first Project Pan tally post for 2018.

As you may know, I normally do these posts every quarter - but I didn't this year because I didn't start my 2018 challenge until the end of January.

So I've done five months of the panning year and it seemed like a good time to do a quick tally post. What I'll do is check back in with another one in three months before doing a final one at the end of the year so we know how I went overall.


February

February wasn't a bad starting month and I finished three products in total and decluttered another (note that I count decluttered products or those that have turned as 'finished', because my overall aim is to streamline my collection so anything that's removed is a win).

I finished:

  • two lipsticks
  • one primer
  • one powder bronzer

While four isn't a huge amount of products to finish, I did kick out an entire primer and also a full-sized powder bronzer. Winning!


March

March was a much better month and I finished ten products in total. Woot woot!

Here's what I finished:

  • one fragrance
  • two hair treatments
  • one lip crayon
  • one lipstick
  • two lip balms
  • one primer
  • two face masks

If only every month were like this one.


May

May was a shocker of a month and I only finished two products, the latter of which went off so I had to stop using it.

These were:

  • one brow pencil and wax
  • one eyeliner (travel-sized)

Let's pretend that May never happened, shall we?!


June

June was a much better month and I finished seven products.

These were:

  • one lipstick
  • one primer
  • one face mask
  • one liquid illuminator
  • one tinted moisturiser
  • one concealer
  • one powder bronzer

Not only was it a good month in terms of numbers, but in June I also knocked out some long-standing products that I'd been panning for a while so it was a great month overall.


The tally so far

Let's add those up.

Overall I've finished 23 products in total, which sets me up to hit a modest 50 by the end of the year (if I'm lucky). 

While it's unlikely that I'll ever beat last year's whopping 91 products, I normally sit at somewhere between 50 and 65 products each year so I may get there if I really push things - keeping in mind that I have a smaller collection than ever before so I don't mind if I finish less as a consequence.

In terms of itemising what I've finished:

  • four lipsticks
  • two lip balms
  • one lip crayon
  • three primers
  • one liquid illuminator
  • one tinted moisturiser
  • one concealer
  • two powder bronzers
  • one brow pencil and wax
  • one eyeliner (travel-sized)
  • three face masks
  • one fragrance
  • two hair treatments


In sum

Given that I'm starting with a smaller pool of products than I ever have (across both makeup and skincare) since I first became a panner many moons ago, I think I'm doing reasonably well so far this year and I'm looking forward to seeing whether I can hit my goal of 50 products by year's end.

Do note that this tally doesn't include the items I'm finishing via Pan that Palette. I reckon it'd be useful to do an overall tally at the end of this year so I'll make a note to do that!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.