Pan that Palette 2018: July update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my Pan that Palette update for July 2018.

First up, I'm thrilled to report that I've finally finished my Hourglass blush palette.

Here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


Hoorary! I'm so thrilled to have finished this, I can't tell you. It's taken me seven months (and I already had significant progress when I started) but I got there in the end.

And you know what? I never got sick of it. Not once. This tells me that Hourglass products are good for me to pan because I enjoy them so much and never tire of them. Woot woot. Good to know.


Next up, my Burberry quad. Now this product I definitely am sick of, although at least I've only got the green and brown left to pan (I'm keeping the rose shade) and I've used more than half of them.

Here's how it was looking last month:


And now:


You can see that I've done some damage in the brown especially, although admittedly that's because a chunk of it fell out and landed on the floor. Indeed, I've found that both the green and the brown have become more brittle and flaky over time, which has meant that little chunks are often dislodging themselves from the pan. Disappointing. This quad isn't very old and it shouldn't be doing that.

I'm using the colours mostly on my brows (the green is a muddy grey in practice so it helps cool down and lighten the brown) and while it's slow going, I'll get there within the next few months so I'm keeping my eye on the prize. Slow and steady wins the race.


Next, my custom palette. I'm pretty bored of this one too although I tend not to use it as much as I did at the beginning of the year because I'm too busy focusing on other things - whether via this challenge or Project Dent.

Still, there's some progress to speak of so that's worth something.

Here's how it looked last month:


And now:


Let's work in sections.

The left side, as it was last month:


And this month:


So I've finished off those two shimmers on the left that I pressed myself, and it wasn't difficult to get through them because there wasn't much product to start with and it was also very flaky.

Otherwise I've made a good start on the cream shade from Doucce, although it's hard to tell that in the photos because cream shades are hard to photograph.

As for the rest of the shadows in this section, there's not much progress to speak of so I won't bother going through them all.

Next, the right upper side of the palette, as it was last month:


And this month:


The big news here is that I've finally hit pan in both sides of Nars Isolde. It's taken me a long time to get here but I'm glad to finally see it. I don't expect to finish these shadows this year but I might get there next year if I'm lucky.

Otherwise I've made more progress in Nars Sin (which I've re-pressed into a smaller pan) and I hope to finish it off sometime in August.

The Burberry blushes get used occasionally on the eyes, but I can't see any progress yet.

Last up, the right lower side. Last month:


 And this month:


All I've really done in this section is widened the pan on Ardency Inn's Disco, and while I can see a few new brush marks in the other shades, there's no real progress to speak of so I won't bother talking too much about this section of the palette.

My aim here will be to finish off Disco next month, and I might see if I can get a visible dip happening in at least one of the other shades. We'll see.

Now for my replacement:


Yes, it's my Hourglass Surreal Glow palette. I have two of these so I've wanted to get through one of them - and as you can see, I'm off to a pretty good start.

What's left here are two blushes and one highlighter, although thankfully the paler blush not only works as a blush on me, but also as a finishing powder if I only use a light dusting of it. By using it in this way, I've been able to achieve the first diamonds of pan peeking through in the bottom left-hand corner.

The bright blush will be harder to get through, although I'm planning to use it a lot on the eyes. As for the highlighter, I've already hit pan in that but there's still a reasonable amount of product left and it won't be that easy to finish.

In sum

Hooray for finally finishing my Hourglass blush palette, and hooray for being able to bring in a different product for the last five months of the panning year.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to kick out the remainder of my new Hourglass palette in those five months, but gosh I reckon I can get pretty close.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.