July 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
Even though it's not the end of July yet, I've been doing my favourites posts at around this time each month so it's still been a month since the last one and I might as well do July's one now.

Also, it's been a great month for products: I have plenty to choose from and I've been looking forward to selecting my top five and talking about them. So let's get straight into it!


Becca First Light Priming Filter

Full review here. This is currently my HG primer and I absolutely love it. I've had mine for around nine months now so I recently added it to my Project Pan list because it's getting a little old (and air bubbles have started to form on the surface), but it's still a product that I would like to keep in my collection so I would absolutely repurchase it.

What this does is brighten my skin and add a subtle luminescence, so my tinted moisturiser always looks better when I've got this on underneath. It's been designed to counteract any dull yellow tones in the skin, and I absolutely agree that it does this. Love.


Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Ipanema Sun

I'm currently denting this bronzer via Project Dent and I'm really enjoying using it every day - especially because I've been panning bronzers for the last year so it's always nice to mix things up occasionally. I've reviewed it here.

It's a super pigmented bronzer but it still applies and blends well, and even if I accidentally use too much, I'm always able to sheer it out and diffuse it. Plus I love the golden undertone of this particular shade and I also love how smooth and natural it looks on the skin. It lasts well too. Indeed, it's one of my favourite formulas for bronzing and I absolutely recommend it.


Becca Ombre Rouge and Ombre Nudes Eyeshadow Palettes

I'm currently denting these as part of Project Dent as well, and using them always reminds me of how much I enjoy the formula. I've reviewed the Ombre Rouge here and the Ombre Nudes here.

What I like about these is that they blend well and they're pigmented enough without being too much, so I never look overdone when I wear them. Sure, they're pretty boring colours - but I for one like boring because I have hooded eyes so I prefer to opt for non-boring blush and lipstick shades, keeping my eyes plain.

I've owned these for years and they're still going strong, although it's probably getting to the point now where I should consider panning them before they start to deteriorate. We'll see.


Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in 213

Full review here. This is my HG foundation for day-use and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. It's one of the most natural-looking foundations I've ever used and it's undetectable on the skin, which is exactly what I'm after.

While it doesn't build well so I can't get even a medium coverage from it, I'm happy with a light-medium for day-use - especially because it doesn't announce itself as makeup. What it does is even out imperfections and add a natural radiance, without sitting in pores or fine lines. It's super hydrating too. Can't rave about this enough.


Blessed by Nature Hydrating Mist Toner

This product was a surprise: it came in a Priceline GWP bag and I wasn't expecting much from it, but turns out it's decent and I've been enjoying it. I've reviewed it here.

It's a standard fluid toner that comes in a spray bottle. You can either use it after cleansing (I do that by soaking a cotton pad and running it over my face) or you can spritz it throughout the day for hydration. I personally think it works better after cleansing because it really cleans, tones and refines the skin - but I've used it more as a spray because it's the only one I've got at the moment so I'm using it for that until I find a replacement.

Better still, it's reasonably priced and you can often find it on special - plus you get a decent 200ml in the bottle so it'll last you a while. Definitely worth trying.

In sum

That's all from me. Funnily enough it was a Becca-heavy post, although that's got a lot to do with the fact that I'm panning or denting various Becca items at the moment so they're front of mind.

Do let me know in the comments what your favourites are for the month: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.