Sephora Beauty Pass Birthday Gift 2019 - unboxing

/
0 Comments

Yesterday I unboxed a Mecca Beauty Loop Bonus and today I'm unboxing this little Sephora birthday gift. After that I still need to unbox my Mecca birthday gift and also a Goldfaden MD skincare kit, and then I'll be able to draw a line under the unboxing posts for the moment and move on to other things.

This year's birthday gift from Sephora isn't my favourite because I won't use the eyeliner, but at least it's different from last year's (we got the same Tarte gift two years running) and I'm interested in trying the setting powder so that's a start.


There's the gift above. I'm sure a lot of people would be very happy to receive the eyeliner, it's just that I don't wear eyeliner because it doesn't suit me (partly because I have very hooded eyes), and if I do wear it, I put a tiny amount of brown in the waterline so I won't use this black one.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


Kat Von D Lock-it Setting Powder

We received a little 1.4g sample of this product and I'm looking forward to trying it, partly because I'm low on setting powder so this will come in handy while I'm searching for a new one. You can buy a 5.4g size of this powder for $24 or a 19g tub for $53, and I like that it comes in two sizes so you can try the smaller one without committing to the full-size, which isn't cheap.

It's described as a weightless and translucent loose powder formulated with Micro-Blurring Technology™ to set and perfect for a flawless, locked-in finish. Apparently the technology used in this powder reduces the weight by 30% compared to the leading setting powder, so you get a better finish with no chalkiness, no flashback and no added texture. Looking forward to trying it.


Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper

I've heard so much about this eyeliner and I'm sure it's great, it's just that I won't use it so there's no point in me keeping it solely for the purpose of reviewing it: I would rather send it to a better home. We received a 0.2ml travel size and the full size is 0.55ml, so it's a decent tester and I'm sure that most people would be happy to receive it.

It's described as an award-winning, vegan liquid eyeliner with an ultra-precise brush tip for easy application to create the iconic cat eye. The high-pigment, smudge-resistant formula apparently has all-day long wear so you can trust your eyeliner to stay put. I'll look forward to passing this on to someone who'll use it.


Kat Von D Studded Kiss Creme Lipstick Sample

I will use this but it may take me a while to get to because I'm drowning in sachets at the moment and I need to use the older ones first. We received three 0.15g samples in Outlaw, Lolita and Vampira, and I've heard a lot about this formula so I'm looking forward to testing it.

The product is described as a breakthrough new lipstick combining super-creamy colour and weightless, comfortable long wear. It claims to be the creamiest, most cushiony and unbelievably pigmented lipstick to ever cross your lips.

While the three colours we received probably won't suit me, I'm still looking forward to trying the formula and I'll let you know how I go.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm pleased to have knocked another one of my unboxing posts off the list and I'll aim to get the other two sorted sometime this week.

Do let me know in the comments whether you received this gift and what you think of it if so: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.