December 2017 favourites

/
0 Comments
I know that some people don't do Deccember favourites because they're too busy focusing on their favourite products of the year, and while I definitely get that, I still like to do my favourites this month because otherwise some things that I've been really enjoying but that won't make my Best in Beauty 2017 list, won't get a mention.

So I'll keep things short because I do have other posts that need writing (I'm currently working on my 2017 disappointing products list), but I wanted to jump on briefly today and let you know which products have stood out most this month.

So without further ado...


La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm

Full review here. This one actually did make my yearly favourites list but I wanted to mention it again because it's so good (and so cheap) that it deserves to be mentioned twice.

It's a thick cream that's designed for irritated and sensitive skin, and while at first I thought it was more of a treatment product, I did try using it as my overnight cream for a few weeks and I absolutely loved it for that because it brought my dry skin back into balance.

It's super hydrating and soothing, and it's a great product to whack on after I've used an intensive exfoliant or chemical peel because it targets any dryness/discomfort and makes my skin happy again. I can't get enough of it, and better yet, it only costs $16 AUD for the full size. Amazing.


Omorovicza Balancing Moisturiser

This is one of those 'use, enjoy, don't buy again' products for me because the full-size costs $130 AUD (this 30ml came in a set) and I personally don't think you need to spend that much on a moisturiser. I've reviewed it here.

But I did really enjoy it while I had it, so I wanted to mention it here because it's definitely been a favourite this month. It's lightweight and it has a soothing effect on the skin, plus it's refreshing to use so I enjoy the process of applying it to my face.

Sure, it didn't do anything amazing for me, but I always look forward to using it and it plumps up my skin nicely so my face looks a little fresher and younger after I've applied it. Lovely.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario

I used this eyeshadow palette recently as part of my Project Dent series so I had to include it this month, even though you can no longer buy it. I'm sorry if that's annoying for some!

This palette is easily my favourite eyeshadow palette of all time: not only do I love the ABH formula, but the colours in this are right up my street. They're neutral, wearable colours, and the tones in this palette are great for brown eyes - I find them to be super flattering.

Each shade is soft and smooth, and they all apply and blend well too. The pigment is great but it's not so much that I risk making mistakes, and even better, I love every single colour in here. So rare for a palette! Normally there's at least a couple of shades that I won't use, but not with this. Love.


The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution

Full review here. This is such a great toner for the price and you get a huge amount in the bottle, which makes it even better value.

Sure, it's not as good as my HG Alpha-H Liquid Gold, but it's better than Pixi's Glow Tonic and it's also a lot cheaper than the Pixi (especially when you compare the size of the bottles) so I really don't think you can go wrong with it.

It does what you'd expect a glycolic acid product to do - it resurfaces, brightens, plumps and clarifies the skin - and while it's not as effective as my Alpha-H, it still does an excellent job and I definitely recommend it if you're on a budget and want to start dabbling in active ingredients. It's great.


Rituals, The Ritual of Ayurveda Foaming Shower Gel

It's hardly surprising to see another one of these Rituals shower gels show up in my monthly favourites because I'm obsessed with them. I've reviewed this one here.

It's without question the best shower gel I've ever used and I don't plan to ever be without one, whether in this scent or one of the many others available (I want to try them all). 

It's a gel product in a pressurised can that comes out clear but then foams up quickly on contact with water. Once on the skin, the foam feels beautifully rich, creamy and luxurious. Almost velvety. I can't remember ever using a body cleanser that feels so wonderful in texture: it's just gorgeous. 

If you haven't tried one of these yet, I urge you to test one - they're not expensive and, in my opinion, they knock every other shower gel I've ever used out of the park.

In sum

Them's my favourites for the month! I hope you found something interesting in here and that you've got plenty of your own favourites for the month. 

Do let me know in the comments if you've tried anything amazing recently: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.