Dermalogica UltraCalming Skin Kit - unboxing

/
0 Comments

As you may know, I recently did a skincare inventory and I also put myself on a six-month skincare no buy, and part of my plans over the next few months is to get through some of the smaller items in my collection so I can start to see a reduction in my stores.

This little kit is one of the things I would like to start using, since it's the one kit I have at the moment that really reflects the open products I'm about to finish - so my cleansing balm, toner, serum and moisturiser - meaning that I should be able to slot these four items into my routine soon enough and also get through them relatively quickly because they're all travel-sizes.


The kit contains:

  • UltraCalming Cleanser (50ml)
  • UltraCalming Mist (50ml) 
  • UltraCalming Serum Concentrate (10ml) 
  • UltraCalming Barrier Repair (10ml) 
  • UltraSmoothing Eye Serum (sachet)

I primarily bought this kit for the cleanser, which I've sampled before and really enjoyed, and although I'd planned to buy it separately, this kit looked like a better idea because the full-sized cleanser was either 250ml or 500ml and I didn't want to be tied to that amount of product. Plus I liked the look of the other items in the set and it was good value (I bought mine for around $40 AUD and had a discount code that took a few more dollars off the price) so I thought why not.

What I'll do now is talk about each item in turn and then I'll come back later on and update this post with mini reviews of everything. I'll also do separate full reviews on anything large enough to warrant a review, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.


Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser

This is described as a pH-balanced gel/cream that will glide easily over the face and eyes to cleanse skin, without stripping its protective barrier. It's apparently extremely gentle and it's recommended for sensitised, reactive and recently resurfaced skin.

I received a sachet of this a while back and I really enjoyed it, so it's been on my wishlist for ages and I've been waiting for the opportunity to buy it. As mentioned above, I decided to go for this kit in the end because I didn't want a massive bottle of the product and I was also interested in testing the other products. Looking forward to seeing if it's as good as I remember.


Dermalogica UltraCalming Mist

This is apparently a relieving and nourishing face mist, which helps to rapidly soothe skin sensitivity. It should pacify redness, stings and irritations, leaving the skin feeling calm and comfortable. It's free of artificial fragrance and colour-free.

This has had some good reviews so I'm looking forward to trying it. I'm not sure yet whether I'll use it as a toner or as a spritz throughout the day - that may depend on how fine the mist is when I spray it. I'll be interested to see how this goes because I'm always on the search for a good face mist, so fingers crossed it's good.


Dermalogica UltraCalming Serum Concentrate 

This is described as an antidote for skin sensitivity. It should restore the skin's barrier to increase tolerance against assault. It claims to be perfect for sensitised skin and anyone undergoing resurfacing treatments, and it should work below skin's surface to control inflammation, itching and discomfort.

This serum was one of the reasons why I wanted to buy this kit: I thought it might be a great product to use on days when I've done a peel or chemical exfoliant. I've also got some products from The Ordinary that I've been using and one of them does leave my skin feeling sensitised after use, so hopefully this will manage the issue. We'll see.


Dermalogica UltraCalming Barrier Repair 

This waterless, silicone-based moisturiser should melt gently into sensitised skin to soothe and help repair damage from environmental aggressors. It also claims to strengthen the skin's natural lipid barrier to prevent future attacks.

As with the above serum, I'm hoping that this will be a good product to apply after some of my stronger chemical treatments. Since there's not a huge amount in either tube, I might not apply either product daily but instead ration them and only use them when my skin needs the extra TLC.


Dermalogica UltraSmoothing Eye Serum

This is apparently a velvety smooth eye serum that hydrates the delicate eye area while addressing fine lines and wrinkles. It should protect the eye area and also help soothe sensitised and inflamed eyes.

I've sampled this before and I liked it so much that I went out and bought the full-size, which I'm currently using. So do look out for my review of this product if you're interested, although that will probably be a few months away because I only just introduced this.

In sum

That's all from me! As you may know, Dermalogica is one of those brands that mostly doesn't work for me, although I've certainly come across a product or two over the years that I have enjoyed so I was happy to buy this little kit and see how I went with it.

I'm probably most excited about the cleanser because I remember really liking it, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the other products work too - especially because I've been slapping on the active ingredients lately so I'm hoping that this kit will help manage any side effects like irritation and discomfort.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.