Project Dent 2017 update: Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01

/
0 Comments

I was looking through my draft posts at 4am this morning (damn chronic insomnia), asking myself what my dead brain could cope with, and I happily realised that I've been using this Laura Mercier highlighter daily for two weeks now - meaning I can do a little Project Dent update. Huzzah!

I love these updates because I'm always interested to see just how much progress one can make on different products in a short space of time. Project Dent also gives me a good idea of what's 'pan-able' and what isn't, plus it's nice to know that every product in my collection is seeing a period of concentrated use throughout the year.

And yeah, I don't need to think too much with these posts - nor do I need to bore you with too much rambling - so hallelujah all round.


Anyhoo. I mentioned in my Project Dent intro post for this highlighter (see here) that I was considering panning it next year, for the simple reason that it's the least-used highlighter in my collection and - shock horror - I don't love it as much as everyone else seems to.

WAIT! WAIT! HOLD FORT!

Before you sentence me to death by stoning (because I know this highlighter is well-loved by every man and his poodle), do note that my main issue with the product is that it's not the right colour for me. Sure I don't have a deep skintone, but I do have strong yellow undertones and light/medium to medium skin - so this looks rather frosty and unflattering on me.

So yes, never fear, I'm not saying it's a bad product - not at all - it's the colour that's my main problem. If you'd like to know more about my overall thoughts on this product, see my review here


Enough preamble.

Here's how my highlighter looked two weeks ago (you can see I'd barely used it):


 And here's how it's looking now, after two weeks' daily use:


You should be able to see that the marks on the surface have changed - plus the centre of the dome has been flattened - but let's do some angled shots to help show the difference.


Another one (note the paler patch in the middle; that's the dent):


Last shot below. You should be able to see that not only has the surface of the dome been flattened a little, but there's also a dip running down the centre of the pan towards the front 'edge'.


Note that I've done more progress shots than usual for this round of Project Dent because I want to show how much movement there's been in only two weeks. If I compare this to my Hourglass powders, for example (which are also domed and baked, like this one), I never see progress in those when I'm doing Project Dent. With those, I only ever see changes in the marks on the surface of the powders.

But with my two Laura Mercier powders (the other one being a bronzer, reviewed here), I've seen progress very quickly. With the bronzer especially.

Yes that's a good thing where panning is concerned, but it's not if you're thinking about value and how long something will last. So that's something to consider if these products are on your wishlist.

Anyway. Expect to see both my Laura Mercier powders show up in Project Pan 2018: it's always nice to include things on your list that show progress as easily as these do!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.