Project Dent 2018: Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Exposure

/
0 Comments

I mentioned yesterday that I was planning to dent one of my Hourglass eyeshadow palettes and I've picked this one because I think the purple will go well with the nude Marc Jacobs blush that I introduced to Project Dent yesterday.

I also haven't used this palette much since I bought it - I've been too busy panning palettes - so it will be nice to commit to using it for an extended period of time.


Please note that these palettes have recently been discontinued by Hourglass, which isn't surprising because they weren't super popular and they were also very polarising: indeed, you'll find plenty of bad reviews out there but you'll also find some positive ones too.

What this means for me is that it may not be worth reviewing either Exposure or Obscura (although I have already reviewed Monochrome: see here), but I'll see how I go because you can still buy them so it may yet be useful to someone if I do.


But enough preamble.

Here's how my palette is looking today, 22 May 2018: 
  

Below I've enhanced the above shot for clarity:


My aim over the denting period is to get this palette looking as though I've at least used it a bit. As you can see, at the moment it looks like I've barely touched it!

I don't really have specific goals, although I suppose we can say that I would like to see some changes in the surfaces of all five shades. At least the ripples should help show progress because those little ridges in each pan should be easy enough to wear down visibly.

One final note: I'd already used this palette for three days running before I finally managed to photograph it yesterday (the weather hasn't been good for photos lately), and while I normally start Project Dent from day zero, for both this palette and the aforementioned Marc Jacobs blush, I may need to start it from the 'real' day zero (ie, three days ago) - which will of course impact the progress shots. I do want to keep Project Dent moving as quickly as I can, but I guess we'll see how things go.

That's all from me today. I do need to post my Pan that Palette update as soon as possible, but I have some pressing work to do first that's due by COB tomorrow so we'll see how we go.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.