August 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
I had so many products on the short-list to be favourites this month that I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself!

So I've had to whittle down my list from twelve items to five, which wasn't easy but I do prefer to stick to five products each month so then I'm only bringing you the best of the best.

In no particular order...


Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick in I've Never

Full review here. I can't get enough of this thing, and I do intend to buy another couple once my makeup spending ban has lifted. Yes they're expensive, but damn that packaging is out of this world and I feel so special whenever I use it that I reckon the outlay is worth it - something I've never said before with a high-end lipstick because you can find so many good ones on a budget.

While it's true that the formula is great - it lasts well and you only need a little each time because it's so pigmented - I will say that it doesn't minimise my lip texture, which is the only reason why I haven't given the formula an HG tag. Still, I can fix that issue with a gloss so all is not lost.

If you haven't gone in-store and held one of these things, please do. They're pretty hard to let go of once you have one in your hands!


Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Provocouture

I recently dented this palette as part of Project Dent and it was an absolute pleasure to use. I never tired of it and I had lots of fun playing around with the different colours - which are more neutral and everyday appropriate in practice than you might think. I've reviewed it here.

Indeed, I love this formula so much that silly me I went ahead and bought four more. I was able to justify this to myself because I don't own ridiculous amounts of eyeshadow and many of the colours I bought were missing from my collection, and I don't regret the purchases for a moment: they all work for me and I get so much enjoyment from using them.

If you haven't swatched these in-store, I urge you to have a play. Yes they're Marc Jacobs so they're not cheap, but if you find one you love, you can always wait for one of Sephora's 20% off sales and go for gold.


Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant

Full review here. As you may know, I haven't had a lot of luck with Dermalogica as a brand - but this particular product is great and I'm glad I found it because it works beautifully for my skin.

It's a powder exfoliant and you add water before buffing it across your face, and it manages to resurface my skin very gently while still being super effective: my face always looks brighter and feels smoother after use.

The other bonus with a powder product like this is that they last forever, so I can see this full-size lasting me a couple of years (and thankfully it has a 24 month shelf-life) - which means it's not a bad investment, all things considered. Definitely worth trying.


Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent

This is one of those products that I worried might be over-hyped, but when it arrived and I tried it for the first time, I realised why it has such a huge following in the beauty community.

I don't know what witchery is in this, but it airbrushes the skin like nobody's business and my pores all but vanish with a stroke of my brush. Honestly, it's quite incredible. I've reviewed it here.

Yes it stinks, and even though I'd heard that plenty of times, I still couldn't believe how much fragrance they've put in this thing when I first opened it. My golly. Thankfully you can buy a fragrance-free version these days so I'll certainly opt for that next time. It's also not expensive and you get a tonne of product, so it'll last for ages.


Kevyn Aucoin The Etherealist Skin Illuminating Foundation

Full review here. I have two HG foundations, and this is one of them. I prefer my Koh Gen Do Aqua for day-use because it has a little less coverage and is undetectable on my skin, but this one's better for night-use or big events because the coverage is better and it's also buildable, which the KGD isn't.

What I love about this product is that it's incredibly natural on the skin while still doing a beautiful job of evening out imperfections, and a little goes a long way so I only need one pump to get a solid medium coverage that looks like skin.

If you have dry skin and want something that looks heavenly and feels hydrating, grab a sample. Sure it's not cheap, but given that I don't need much per application, it's going to last me a while. Love.

In sum

Them's my favourites! Gosh it was hard to narrow things down this month, but I'm happy with the five items I chose.

Also note that I've been doing my monthly favourites posts a little early lately - just to avoid having a chunk of posts that I need to write at the end of each month.

Do let me know in the comments what you've been loving lately: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.