Project Dent 2018 update: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion

/
0 Comments

We've got plenty on this weekend so I'm not sure how much blogging I'll get done - which of course means that my August empties posts and also my August Project Pan update likely won't happen until next week.

While that's ok, it's a bit annoying to fall this far behind so I'd at least like to try to move through a few smaller posts that are due now - this being one of them.


As you may know, these Hourglass blushes are my absolute favourites and I honestly don't think I'll ever find a formula that beats them. I've reviewed this one here.

One thing I'll note is that this blush is currently the oldest beauty product I own so I was interested in seeing whether or not the formula had become less beautiful over time (it's at least four years old now, perhaps closer to five), and what I can say is this:

While at first I thought some of the airbrushing effect had gone (so it didn't look as angelic on the skin), what I did was remove the top layer with sticky tape, and I'm pleased to report that the product underneath still holds its integrity and looks as good as my newer Hourglass blushes. Definitely worth noting. Having said this, I'd prefer to start panning this product sooner rather than later, before it loses some of its brilliance. Perhaps next year.


Anyhoo. Here's how Dim Infusion looked two weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


And now: 


As you can see, there's not much visible difference between the before and after shots (there never is, with Hourglass products), but I can certainly see some differences between the surface marks on both pans.

The original shots appear to have more air-bubbles overall and the later shots appear to be a little smoother. You should also be able to see that a lot of the remaining marks are in different spots or look different themselves (eg in terms of size and/or shape), so I've at least moved through enough of the product to uncover new air-bubbles while removing some of the old ones.

Overall it's been a successful round of Project Dent because I've discovered that this blush is not only working as well as it always did, but also that it would be better to pan it sooner rather than later because the upper layers of powder will eventually start to lose some of their efficacy.

Now, to choose my next item for Project Dent...

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.