Skincare inventory: August 2018

/
0 Comments

I just realised that my last skincare inventory was mid-May (see here), so it's been three months since then and I thought I'd check back in now and do an updated one.

If you're interested, my December 2017 inventory is here and my March 2018 one is here.

Do note that I haven't been on a no buy since mid-May, but I have been on a skincare low buy so hopefully my numbers haven't gone up too much!

We shall see...


Makeup remover

Previously I had two and I still have two (one open full-size and one unopened back-up).

One is my ultimate goal, but I don't mind having a back-up so I'm not worried about this category. 

Cleansing oils/balms

I had one and I now have two: one cleansing oil and one cleansing balm. That's pretty restrained for me because I love these kinds of cleansers, so I'm happy with that!

Two is my goal so we're there.


Cleansers

This is all other cleansers aside from oils and balms, and it's one of my bad categories. Previously I had six cleansers and I now have seven, being four open full-sizes and three unopened back-ups (two full-size, one travel-size).

I'm not too worried about this category because two of my open cleansers are almost dead, and while my ultimate goal was four, I'm adjusting that to four open cleansers plus a couple of back-ups because I do get through cleansers reasonably quickly and I like to have some unopened ones on hand.

Exfoliants

I had three and I now have five, being one open full-size plus two unopened full-sizes and two unopened travel-sizes.

The numbers have fluctuated here because I received a couple as GWPs and also bought myself a microdermabrasion kit, which I'd been meaning to do for ages.

Two's my goal here so I have some work to do.


Toners

For toners, I'm not only including standard toners but also 'treatment' ones (eg my glycolic toner from Alpha-H). In my last inventory I had two, one being a standard toner and one being a glycolic acid product, and I now have three: one standard toner, one glycolic toner and an unopened glycolic toner.

Two was my goal but I don't mind having the back-up because I'm halfway through my open glycolic toner anyway.

Acids/treatments

The products in this category are from The Ordinary and I wanted to make a separate heading for them because they don't really fit into any other category.

Before I had three, and I still have three (one being unopened).

That was my goal so yay.


Serums

Before I had three and I still have three, being two open full-sizes and one unopened back-up.

My goal was three so we're there.

Eye creams

I had three and I now have four (two being unopened).

Three is a good goal for me (one for morning, one for night and one for overnight), so I'd like to reduce this category down by one.


Day cream

Previously I had four and I now have three (one open travel-size, one unopened full-size and an unopened travel-size).

My aim was two but I don't mind the extra because the smaller sizes will go soon enough.

Night cream/overnight cream

Previously I had two and I now have five (one open full-size, three unopened full-sizes and one unopened travel-size). Oops! A couple of these were GWPs, but I do need to work on this category so I'll have to stop buying night creams for now.

Two is my goal with this category.


Oils

I had three and I still have three (two of which are unopened), although I've almost finished one so I'm not worried about this category.

Two is my goal here.

Masks

In my last inventory I had seven and I now have six (four open full-sizes, one unopened one and an unopened travel-size).

My goal is four. Given I had thirteen at one point, I'm pretty happy with this category!

Unopened skincare kits 

Previously I had three and I now have two. When I did my December inventory, I wasn't able to count the items in each kit individually because I knew I was getting some sets for Christmas but I didn't know what was in them - so I've been tied to that and I've just had to roll with it.

I don't really have a goal here, but I don't want any more than four unopened kits at a time.


The final tally

In December's inventory I had 74 items in total, in March I had 44 and in May I had 40. 

I didn't really have a goal after my last inventory but I would like to keep things at around the 40 mark, and I definitely don't want to exceed 50 again because I was so overloaded at the end of last year.

Drum roll please...

I now have 48 skincare items in total, which is a little more than I would like - although that's partly because I received a bundle of stuff in one of those Priceline goodie bags so it's not as though I've gone bonkers with purchases and I'm not too concerned about where things are at.


In sum

I'm ok with where my skincare numbers are at for the moment, but doing this inventory has reminded me that I need to continue to reign things in during my low buy (which I'm doing until at least October, and perhaps even until the end of the year).

In any event, I've certainly managed to reduce the amount of stuff I had when I started this inventory process, and that's the main thing!

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.